Contributor
SonyaMI

Calendar app

The new HD+ has a calendar app that is preloaded but needs an microsoft exchange account in order to use it.  Can anyone tell me how to get the app to work or how to get an exchange account without having to pay extra for it

Sonya
Inspired Contributor
Michael_the_Writer
0 Kudos

Re: Calendar app

I can only tell you what worked for me. I set up my email accounts first, with usernames and logins. Then when I opened the calendar, I can see whatever calendar events I have scheduled on either email account. The events on the calendar are color-coded based on the email account, by the way, so it's easy to differentiate between multiple accounts. I primary use gmail for scheduling appointments (and Google Voice) and hotmail for my primary email. Hope this helps.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Rignes

For the record, it does not require Exchange to work.  The manual seems to indicate that it does but it is syncing my Google Calandar perfectly.  I don't know if it supports any other calendaring solutions.

Bibliophile
5ivedom

It doesn't require Exchange to work. Just enter in your Yahoo or Hotmail or Google email account information.

Contributor
SonyaMI
0 Kudos

i am still having  a problem with calendar app and contact app.  this nook will not accept my yahoo email.  it says that it has an error with the server settins.  when i put my email address in and change the incoming server settings. it says that i already have an account with this email and wont let me go any further.  any suggestions will be welcomed

Sonya
Bibliophile
5ivedom

Sonya, Yahoo mail has problems. It had both with Color + Tablet and I'm guessing with HD and HD+ too.

First - delete the account that isn't working.

Second - Start the process of adding a new email account. Choose Manual Settings when you set it up.

Third - Try the following settings

My Incoming Settings are

IMAP server: imap.mail.yahoo.com

Security Type: SSL

Port: 993

IMPAP Path Prefix: Optional.

My outgoing Settings are:

SMTP server: smtp.mail.yahoo.com

Security Type: None

Port: 587

Also try (from the below threads)

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Color-General-Discussion/email-setup-for-Yahoo-Classic/m...

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Color-General-Discussion/Anyone-can-help-with-Email-App-...

Also try these threads for ideas:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Tablet-Support/Setting-up-Road-Runner-email-account-on-N...

Search for 'smtp' to get more possible solutions.

Reader 4
skhouse109
0 Kudos

Is there any way to create colors for family members on this calendar app? Its linked to an online calndar but I don necessarily use that. I line every thing up the calendar on the nook and everything is the same color (due to 1 account , hotmail, being used)...I don't live online but by the family schedule. Any chancethey will introduce a color option for calendaring?
Inspired Contributor
fitbobcat
0 Kudos

I think they need somthing more like the real android (os) calendar. Where you can have a local calendar and add events to it without having an online one.
“Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.” ― Groucho Marx
Reader 2
sdeBev
0 Kudos

thanks for great info!