Frequent Contributor
DOGandHORSE-Mom
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Can I Add Google Play Magazine to My Nook Home Screen or Apps Listing?

For some reason, I would think I'd be able to do this rather than launch Google Play each time I want to look at a magazine.

Please advise if this is something I can do and if so (gosh, I'll feel silly if it is easy) how.

Thanks!

P.S.  While I'm asking questions, why in the world do I need to OK a dialogue box indicating I need the latest Play Magazines app each time I go to open a magazine I have?

Inspired Contributor
Michael_the_Writer
0 Kudos

Re: Can I Add Google Play Magazine to My Nook Home Screen or Apps Listing?

Now that Google Play has been added to the Nook HD/HD+ lines, any app you download from the Google Play Store will now appear in your Nook library and provide the option to add to your Home screen. Just access Google Play, search keyword "Google" and you'll find a bunch of Google produced apps, including "Google Play Magazines." If the magazines you are trying to open come from Google Play, you'll want to download this app and add it to your Home screen. It works like a charm. I have Google Play Magazines, Books, Maps, Voice, and Keyboard all working beautifully on my Nook HD+. B&N magazines will open in the standard reader the Nook device comes with so I can't imagine that's what you are talking about.

Frequent Contributor
DOGandHORSE-Mom
0 Kudos

Re: Can I Add Google Play Magazine to My Nook Home Screen or Apps Listing?

That was strange that no matter what I did, the app wasn't showing up.  I uninstalled/reinstalled and then refreshed...  Still no luck.

But while getting ready to Refresh, I noticed Manage Content for Profile (and there is only one profile on my HD+) and that app needed to be checked.

Low and behold, it then showed up.  Now, I can add it to my Home screen.

Thanks for getting back to me!