Contributor
SaruReads
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Can't Access My Documents from PC

I've had my Nook HD+ since Christmas, and I had no problems loading and unloading files onto it from my PC until today. I had uploaded several PDF files, some photos, and a library book onto my device with no problems.

Then today, I went to drop a new library book file into my Nook's My Documents folder via my PC (Running Windows 7), and the folder wasn't there. I only saw two folders that I did not recognize. After unplugging my Nook, restarting it, and plugging it back in, I was able to view all my folders as normal through my PC- except for one thing. When I open my Nook's Documents folder from my PC, it says it's empty. 0 files. Same thing with the Pictures folder, where I had dropped a couple of pictures a week or so ago.

I can still access these files on my Nook. They are still on my Nook. But for some reason, I can no longer access them from my PC and my PC tells me all the folders are empty. I have also tried accessing the Nook's internal memory from another computer in my home, and I ran into the same problem.

And when I drop my new library book into the "empty" documents folder through my PC, it will appear on my Nook, but I can't open it. I run into the error message that the book has been returned, or that the Nook doesn't support the file type.

I am really at a loss for what to do right now. My Nook tells me I have no new updates, and I've added nothing new to it for about a week now. And now all of a sudden, I am cut off from my Nook's internal memory. Can anyone please help me sort this out?

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Re: Can't Access My Documents from PC

SaruReads, this is a known issue.

PCs sometimes can't read folders on Nook HD+. This is because Android 4.0 uses MTP.

A few things to try:

1) Go to Settings > Storage Management  and tap on USB Connectivity.

Switch to PTP (Camera). This might fix the issue.

2) Use Dropbox. Get the Dropbox app for Nook and Dropbox App for PC. Use that to store.

3) Get Open Explorer. It has a wireless network file transfer option (or so I've heard).

You can get more details at the Top 10 Nook HD+ and HD+ Issues Thread.

Inspired Wordsmith
Swamprat

My first ad

vice would be to reboot the PC - it is my understanding that this is necessary to refresh the file structure of the MTP device on the PC - Good Luck!

Contributor
SaruReads
0 Kudos

Thank you for the response! Hopefully this issue will be resolved for good soon, but this works until then.
Contributor
SaruReads
0 Kudos

Thank you! I'll give it a shot.