New User
BladeVampire
0 Kudos

Can you listen to music on your HD+ while doing other things?

I'm getting very disappointed VERY quickly, because I can't find a way to listen to my music I've uploaded onto my Nook. I can't do anything else on the Nook while it's playing. If I click on the file, or play it, it begins playing but if I attempt to tap on anything else, the player stops playing and I'm left with silence. Does anyone have a way to get around this? I loved listening to music while I read my books, or read web articles on, or even just listen to the music while admiring the Album art.

If I can't get around this, I'm EXTREMELY disappointed in the Nook HD+ being called a tablet.

New User
BladeVampire

Re: Can you listen to music on your HD+ while doing other things?

Nevermind, lol, I realized I was just being stupid. If your reading this, sorry to have wasted your time.

It would appear if you go into your FILES and play the music from there it has that issue I described above. As it does not open up into the player's sort of "App" it just plays the music in a smaller flash sort of form. But if you go into your apps and play the music from there it works just fine.....

I find it interesting that they had designed the tablet to do such a thing, especially if you attempt to open the music with ANY OTHER APP it opens the app....not opens a smaller flash version.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Re: Can you listen to music on your HD+ while doing other things?

Thanks for writing the solution.

I didn't know it was coded that way in Files. It's a very strange way to do it. Especially since it then leads to the problem you ran into.

Q: If you press and hold a music file for a few seconds - Do you get a menu with a 'Clear Launcher' option? If so, does it let you use that and then on tapping next time, does it give you option to open it using the Music Player App?