New User
marga24
0 Kudos

Changing Book Cover Art

Is there a way to change the cover art for books/files you add to your Nook? I tried using Calibre, but the added cover art to the files does not show up on the nook once loaded. Help!? 

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Re: Changing Book Cover Art

Please search for posts by compulsive reader and others. 'Calibre+cover' should give results or even just 'Calibre'. There are lots of good detailed explanations of how to get covers to show up.

Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX

marga24 wrote:

Is there a way to change the cover art for books/files you add to your Nook? I tried using Calibre, but the added cover art to the files does not show up on the nook once loaded. Help!? 

Right click on the book, go down to convert and tell Calibre to convert it to epub. It will create a new epub with the cover included. The old epub will be listed as original_epub which you can delete by right clicking on the book, go down to remove files, then click on remove specified formats. That will list all the formats the books is in. Click on the original_epub and hit OK. That will remove the original. The new copy with the cover included will be the only copy remaining. This is the copy that will be sent to your device. You will have to delete the copy you've already downloaded to your device before you download the new one.

Correspondent
Purple_Ice
0 Kudos

I know it's so annoying when there is no cover. I am told it's illegal to do so but you would have to remove the DRM then put the book into Calibre and then you would add the new cover in Calibre then you need to convert the book in order to have the cover saved with the book. Again its illegal to remove the DRM.
Reader 2
nookworm2000
0 Kudos

You 100% sure about that?
"Success comes in cans, failure in cants." - Unknown
Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

about which point? you're replying to a thread a year and a half old.
http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716