Inspired Correspondent
Pie-Is-Tasty
0 Kudos

Check out eBooks on NOOK HD

Hi guys,

On the NOOK Color I could check out books from the library with OverDrive, then use Adobe Digital Editions to transfer the book to my NOOK Library. You COULD use the OverDrive app on the NOOK Color, but I prefer the native NOOK Reader app on the NOOK Color, because you can highlight, make notes, and get more font preferences than with the OverDrive app.

I know that Adobe Digital Editions doesn't recognize the NOOK HD, so you can't use Adobe Digital Editions on your computer to transfer ebooks checked out from the library directly to your device storage. I CAN use the OverDrive app on the NOOK HD, but I don't like it much because I can't highlight, make notes, and share passages, and I don't have as many text options as the native reader app on the NOOK HD.

Is there a way to read eBooks checked out from the library with the native reader app on the NOOK HD (not on the OverDrive app)?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

"Life is sweet. I like candy." - Confucious :smileyhappy:
Inspired Contributor
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

Re: Check out eBooks on NOOK HD

[ Edited ]

Whoops... empty reply

Under settings on the HD/+ is a place to enter an Adobe registration. After you've done that you are supposed to use Windows (or whatever OS) to drag&drop the book that you fetched using ADE on the computer into the Nook.

I've not tried this and some have reported that it seems to work once, etc.

Baron Wulfraed
Inspired Correspondent
Pie-Is-Tasty
0 Kudos

This did not work for me.

Drag and drop to where, and using what?

Contributor
elseepe
0 Kudos

If the Kindle version of the book is available, I check it out from the library. If only the ePUB is available, then I use the Adilko app to download it. I can then access it via the Nook's library and read in the Nook reader app (or you could use the Adilko reader).

Inspired Correspondent
Pie-Is-Tasty
0 Kudos

Thanks.

I got the app but have no idea what to do now to download library ebooks and read them on the native Nook reader app. Could you please give me step by step instructions (and is it the free Adilko app or the $2.99 premium one)?

Contributor
elseepe
0 Kudos

I use the free one. You download the link file on your Nook. When you try and open the download link it should ask you what app to use. Choose Adilko. Adilko will download the ePub. You can either read it in the Adilko apps, or fnd the ePub in your Library. I cannot get it to show up like my purchased Nook books, but it is accessible from the library and can be opened in the native Nook app. You will need to have enabled adobe digital editions on your Nook.
Frequent Contributor
bru20
0 Kudos

elseepe wrote:

If the Kindle version of the book is available, I check it out from the library. If only the ePUB is available, then I use the Adilko app to download it. I can then access it via the Nook's library and read in the Nook reader app (or you could use the Adilko reader).

Kind of ironic that on a Nook product Kindle is the way to go.  I exclusively use the Kindle app.  And therein lies a good part of B&N's troubles.