Inspired Contributor
ConnieL4193
0 Kudos

Connectivity Issue When Nook Goes to Sleep

I notice when I wake up in the morning and turn my Nooks screen on, all of a sudden it starts receiving data and updates (emails, content, etc.). Is it normal behavior for it to do this? My Nook stays on (WiFi on) at night (screen off) and plugged in to charge.

Inspired Correspondent
campyrs
0 Kudos

Re: Connectivity Issue When Nook Goes to Sleep

Yes.  when the Nook goes to sleep (screen times out and goes black), your connectivity is lost.  As soon as you wake it up again, your wifi again looks for the signal.

Inspired Contributor
ConnieL4193
0 Kudos

I suppose I can understand why they have it that way but i would have preferred the option to keep WiFi active even when it's asleep. I might also add that it seems to do this with Bluetooth connections as well so I am constantly losing my connection to my BT keyboard and that IS annoying.

Wordsmith
PJLLB
0 Kudos

ConnieL4193 wrote:

I suppose I can understand why they have it that way but i would have preferred the option to keep WiFi active even when it's asleep. I might also add that it seems to do this with Bluetooth connections as well so I am constantly losing my connection to my BT keyboard and that IS annoying.

If you want the ability to keep WiFi on, get the ability to boot to Android using something like the product offered by AndroidForNook.com and others.  This is but one example of how B&N has "crippled" the ability to customize the Nook.