Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Re: Contacts and Email

For people writing that it isn't working for them, please try the solution Schwa wrote -

Was using a Yahoo account and could not figure out how to get contacts to show up.

Tried a Gmail account as a secondary.  On the setup screen for a Gmail account, the email client asked if I wanted to sync contacts (Yahoo setup did not).  Gmail contacts showed up.

Switched back to the Yahoo account, and lo and behold, there were my contacts.

Either Google has it's claws in Android a bit too much or someone at B&N software development needs to flip a switch in the email client, me thinks.

summary:  Gmail first with contacts allowed other accounts to work afterwards (for me)

Reader
Bullsfan97
0 Kudos

I know it has been a couple weeks since someone posted here but I sure would like to ask for help with this issue. I am wondering, as I believe OP asked, why the e-mail address is not being populated by the Contacts App on the HD+. This was a great feature on the Nook Tablet and now that I have moved to the newer tablet I am shocked it will not work on the HD+. I go into e-mail and I have to type out the complete address, it will not pick up on the first letters and do the auto fill in. BUT if I go to the Contact App I can get an e-mail started there with the addressed filled in BUT it is missing my signature that I have set up which does appear in and e-mail out of the e-mail app. Why is it not possible for both things to happen all in the e-mail app as it did in the original Tablet? Please help!

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Bullsfan97.

I've heard people say, regarding this:

why the e-mail address is not being populated by the Contacts App on the HD+.

To delete email account, to first set up Contacts using setting, and then set up email. Then it should work.

Also, what provider do you have?

Contributor
Reg1987
0 Kudos

Email addresses still do no auto appear when composing new email. You can not select email addresses from the email page. This works on the nook color, but not the HD.
New User
sgrman
0 Kudos

I am also having the issue...this should be an internal linkage that has nothing to do with the ISP...such a shame that a simple fix for this cannot be created in an update package...