Contributor
Reg1987
0 Kudos

Contacts not available on composing email

When select "Compose email", the contacts can not be accessed from the address bar. I have to completely type the email address. On the Nook Tablet there is an icon near the address box for selecting contacts from the contact list. The icon is not on the HD.
Wordsmith
Melissa19

Re: Contacts not available on composing email

Go to settings, all settings, applications, contacts, and import your contacts. Then they should show up in your email. There is also a co tacts app where you will see your contacts and manage them.

Melissa19
Contributor
Reg1987
0 Kudos

I have contacts in my contacts app and in my email. But the are NOT available on the "compose email" page.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Reg, this is a known problem some users have run into. I've seen a lot of different suggestions and there's no suggestion that works for everyone (or even for most people).

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Reg1987, one more thing I've seen mentioned is someone who setup their account using IMAP instead of POP and then got Contacts and Calendar working.

There are, however, lots of people reporting that one email account works and another doesn't. So it might not work all the time.

Wordsmith
AlbionRose

Getting gmail contacts into Nook contacts app

[ Edited ]

Hi Reg,

This just worked for me:

Set your gmail account up as an Email account on the Nook using the IMAP protocol. 

Email>Settings>Add Account>enter email address & password and from there I think it sets up via imap automatically. If not, please say!

Then back into email settings:

Email>Settings>tap on gmail address in list

Under Data usage, tap on sync contacts and Sync calendar so both are ticked.

Power the Nook off. (hold side power button down til you get 'Power off - would you like to shut down?' and tap ok)

Power on again.

Go into Contacts app. It will slowly populate with your gmail contacts. I suspect that the same slow population will happen if you go to the Calendar App.

To send an email to one of the contacts, tap on them, tap on their email address and a new email box will pop up with them in the To field.

From within the Mail app, if I start typing the person's name, after two letters a bunch of suggested email addresess pop up and I can choose the one I want.

Hope this helps!

:smileyhappy:

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Re: Getting gmail contacts into Nook contacts app

Wow! Thanks for the precise steps Albion Rose.

Reader
Targa12
0 Kudos

***Then back into email settings:

***Email>Settings>tap on gmail address in list

***Under Data usage, tap on sync contacts and Sync calendar so both are ticked.

I have gone to this location and there are no options for sych contacts or sync calendar.  I have an HD+

What am I missing??

Wordsmith
AlbionRose

Hi Targa,

I have an HD + too.

If I am in email settings I have my email addresses listed on the left.

On the right is a sub menu.

If I tap on my gmail account, it is highlighted in blue.

The sub menu on the right changes to one specific to my gmail sccount.

A third of the way down the right hand menu is a heading saying Data Usage. Under this heading are the options to sync contacts and calendar, activated by check box.

What does your email settings show?

Wordsmith
AlbionRose

And thanks for the kind words, 5dom - I modelled it on your thorough answers :smileyhappy:

Reader
Targa12
0 Kudos

hi,

the gmail account is blue.  when selected I find the data usage on the right.  2 items are listed.

Inbox check frrequency (set to every 15 minutes)

Download attachements (set to auto-download attachments to recent messages via wi-fi)

there are no options listed for sync contacts.

thanks

Sandi

Wordsmith
AlbionRose

Hi Sandy,

I just checked my amail settings again, and I get the same options as you for my two non gmail accounts, but the sync options when i highlight the gmail one, which is weird.

Before I tried to sync the contacts, I had already set up the calendar option with my gmail settings. via All settings -apps-calendar-add account.

Maybe that made the extra options show up for gmail under Contacts. I'll have another look at my settings in the morning and let you know if I find anything else that's different :smileyhappy:

Reader 4
Sornito-Nguyen
0 Kudos

I've had the same issue since their latest update. I spoke to their support via internet and phone. After 2 hrs wasted I was informed from their tier two tech support that it was a known issue and that they are working on it. This is in regard to gmail calendar and contacts.
Reader
Targa12
0 Kudos

my software version is 2.0.6

Reader 4
Sornito-Nguyen
0 Kudos

2.0.6 is the latest version as of jan. 29
Reader 4
Sornito-Nguyen

Finally an update that fixed my contacts and calendar!  It may have taken awhile but i'm now a happy camper!  Thanks B & N!

Contributor
ski_tahoe
0 Kudos

Yup, mine are fixed too!
Contributor
Reg1987
0 Kudos

Contacts still do not appear when composing new email.

Reader
NewHDPlususer
0 Kudos

I just spent over 2 hours trying to get contacts into my HD+. What a nightmare. Unfortunately, I can't remember where I found it on my tablet, but found a place somewhere in the settings to turn on syncing my gmail contacts. Now I can enter from my contact list when sending from my gmail account. Yay!! User manual and online info is truly lacking when it comes to this aspect of using your tablet.  Get a clue B&N!!! If I figure out how I did it I will pass it on.

Reader
NewHDPlususer
0 Kudos

Note: under Account Settings be sure Auto-sync app data is on. Click on yur gmail account there and be sure "synce Contacts is ticked!