Inspired Contributor
catarific
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Copy and Paste - Is this function available on the HD/HD+?

One of the things I really miss on the Nook Color is the ability to copy and paste - either in email applications or other applications where information is typed.  Is this ability available?  The Nook HD and HD+ are being advertised as comparable tablets and tablets do have that ability.

Thanks for your input.

flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,976
0 Kudos

Re: Copy and Paste - Is this function available on the HD/HD+?

Thanks to the magic of Ice Cream Sandwiches, the NOOK HD Series devices have copy and paste functionality between apps.

You just have to press and hold on the word you want to start copying on, drag the cursor (once it appears after about 3 seconds) to cover the whole selection, and select "copy" (you also have the options to find the text on a page and share it to apps such as Evernote, Email, or Twitter). Then, in any text box that you want to use it in, you simply press and hold and select the little dialogue for paste.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Cut and Copy are available only for text fields you write in.

They are not available for things you highlight.

Inspired Contributor
catarific
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

so if I am writing an email, let's say, and I want to rearrange my text, I can move it now?  If so, that is a great addition! But just read the post above and am totally confused - what exactly do you mean?  Are you saying that like the Nook Color, I do not have the ability to edit?

So I cannot highlight a passage in a book and paste it somewhere - is that what you mean?

Inspired Contributor
catarific
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
On NC I can copy only in same area such as email but not from browser into email. It does not recognize information saved to clipboard.
flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,976
0 Kudos

5ivedom wrote:

Cut and Copy are available only for text fields you write in.

They are not available for things you highlight.

That's me highlighting your post to copy it. :smileyhappy:

Inspired Contributor
catarific
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

The reason I ask this.  Sometimes I will send myself an email with instructions on something which I would like to save to another app (actually it's 5ivedom's Journal).  I have found the only way to do this was to retype - which is time wasted.  So, if I am understanding this, if I send myself an email with all my information, highlight and copy to clipboard, can I then open up my journal app, go to a new entry and paste this instead of retyping it? The reason I do this is because when I am away from home and have no wi-fi available, I can still access my information from an app.  Obviously, I cannot open email without wifi.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Thanks flyingtoastr. I stand corrected.

For me the only place cut and paste isn't working is in books I read, when I highlight stuff.

Notes in books can be cut and paste.

Catarific,

Yes it works. However, we haven't gotten an HD and HD+ optimized version of Journal out yet. It should be out by sometime in November.

I just tested copying something in browser and pasting into a Journal entry and it works fine.

You can do either

1) Press and hold at any place in a Journal Entry and a Paste button will come up. Press it to Paste.

2) Press and hold any word. Then you get markers that you can move to select longer length of text. Then you can copy or paste or cut.