Inspired Correspondent
Debh366
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Couple questions - help

I got a Nook HD+ for Christmas, which I love, but it has a couple things different from the Nook Tablet that I had previous.  Can someone help me?

#1 - While I'm reading a book, if I don't get through the page quick enough, the screen goes dim.  I have to tap on it to turn the screen bright again.  I checked the "PowerSave Mode" and it is off.  What is making this happen and can I make it stop?  It's so annoying.

#2 - My Tablet use to tell me how many pages I had left in a chapter, which came in real handy when I was at work reading at lunch.  The HD doesn't do that and if it does, how can I make that appear?

Those are it for now, I'm sure I'll have more.

Thank you!

´¨¨)) -:¦:-
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
((¸¸.·´ ..·´ -:¦:- Debbie
-:¦:- ((¸¸.·´*
Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Re: Couple questions - help

[ Edited ]

Question #2.

If you tap the lower black portion of your screen, it will tell you your chapter, show your progress on a slide scale and how many pages you are into your book.

Question #1.

I keep my brightness to the max and my page never goes dim. I have my set on 5 mins.

Contributor
BN_Hemen1
0 Kudos

Hi Debbie,

1.) Go to Settings- General-Screen Timeout- and select the minutes that you want to keep your NOOK HD + on before it goes dim.

2.) Point your finger before the page numbers and a gray should appear and it will let you know how many pages are there in the book. 

Hopefully this helps you.

Correspondent
cybersmoke53
0 Kudos

Hi.. The ability to show how many pages are remaining in the Chapter is missing from the Nook HD+ at this time.  I too am hoping this feature gets returned to the NOOK HD+ reading app as well as the ability to enlarge/shrink the font size while using Publisher defaults.  My Nook Color's reader did show the # of pages remaining in a Chapter in the center of the lower menu bar and the total pages in the lower right corner.

I keep hoping the upgrades to the software will return the page count features as well as the page rotation lock.  I find it annoying that the page will rotate when I shift the Nook HD+ a little bit. 

I hope you enjoy your new Nook.  I do love the screen.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

cybersmoke, you can do the following to get rotation lock (Note: However, it will be for EVERYTHING, not just books but also main page).

1) Go to Main Page (Home Page).

2) Swipe down from the settings icon at the top right. A menu will show up.

3) Turn on Rotation Lock. I think it's the second last row.

Now you can read books without them getting rotated.

Inspired Correspondent
Debh366
0 Kudos

@NookCeption1 - how do you get to General Screen Timeout? I don't see that anywhere.
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))
Contributor
BN_Hemen1
0 Kudos

Upon clicking on Settings on the left side it will show the category General and on the right side in the Screen Tab under the option Brightness it will show Screen Timeout. Sorry if it was confusing. 

Inspired Correspondent
Debh366
0 Kudos

Got it! Thank you!
¸.·´ .·´¨¨))