Contributor
DarnHeather
0 Kudos

Creating a playlist for music? Nook HD

Is it possible to create a playlist or a shelf for music?  Right now I find it very difficult to get to the sideloaded (yes that problem again!) music on the HD.  No way would my 6 year old be able to.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Re: Creating a playlist for music? Nook HD

1) Yes, its possible to create playlists.

See the user guide: http://img1.imagesbn.com/pImages/nook/nook07/mediakit/User_Guide_NOOK_HD_Plus_v4.pdf

Support Page will have newest version: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/NOOK-Support/379003184

2) There are issues people are running into with playlists being duplicated or disappearing. So search the forums for that if you get that.

3) This is what used to work in Color and Tablet. See if this works in HD and HD+ -

To create a playlist, do this:

1.       Press and hold on a track that you want to include in the playlist. A pop-up menu opens.

2.       Tap on the menu choice Add to playlist. A new popup menu appears, offering you a choice of playlists.

3.       Tap the menu choice New. A dialog box opens for entering a name for the playlist.

4.       Tap in the text field for the playlist name. A keyboard appears at the bottom of the screen.

5.       Enter the name you want to give the playlist.

6.       Tap Save.

Contributor
DarnHeather
0 Kudos

No where in the user guide does it discuss creating a playlist so I appreciate your instructions.  However, this is not working for my sideloaded music.  The only two options I get when I press and hold a track are "clear default launcher" and "delete". 

With only a few days left until Christmas and this my children's primary gift I'm still not sure if it will be staying or going back to B&N. :smileymad:

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

What happens when you launch the Music App and then follow the steps in that app.

Please do the following:

1) Go To Apps

2) Click on 'Music Player'

3) If you are on the Music Playing screen press the < button at the top left to go to the 'Browse Music' screen.

4) Click on the 'Songs' tab.

5) Press and hold on any song. Note: All the songs on your SD card will show up here. You just have to scroll up and down.

6) After pressing and holding for 2 seconds you get a menu that gives you options like Add to Playlist.

You can add to existing playlists or create a new playlist.

You can also tap a song to play it.

7) on the same 'Browse Music' page there is a tab for playlists.

You can browse playlists.

8) A few users have had problems with playlists duplicating. If you get that just search the forums.