Contributor
Lonewolf147
0 Kudos

Deleted sideloaded books still show up in library

(I originally posted this in a different thread, but then realized that thread was marked as solved and I might not get the traffic to my problem as having a new thread would get http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-HD-HD-Support/Deleted-external-content-still-shows-in-li...)

I had about 110 books sideloaded onto my main memory.  I recently decided to get rid of them so I plugged my HD+ into my computer and browsed over to the My Files/Books directory.  But the directory wasn't there.  A quick look online told me it was a special folder and I could only access it from the Nook directly.  So I installed a file browswer from the Play store (Astro), went to the directory and deleted all my epubs (just deleted all the subfolders where they were located).

Now though when I go to My Library, it still shows all 110 books under the My Books section.  If I select any of them, it either does nothing or if I 'add to homepage' and then select it it errors out saying it can't find the content. 

Since I deleted the epubs, I don't have them to readd to the Nook in order to try the solution listed in the above mentioned topic.

Does anyone know any way to rebuild the database without deregistering and reregistering?  I've rebooted my Nook numerous times and I've Refreshed the library as well.  Both to no avail.

TIA!!

Contributor
bfollowell
0 Kudos

Re: Deleted sideloaded books still show up in library

Have you tried shutting your Nook down completely and restarting? This will typically clean up this issue.

- Byron Followell

Contributor
Lonewolf147
0 Kudos

Quote "Lonewolf147" I've rebooted my Nook numerous times and I've Refreshed the library as well.  Both to no avail.

Quote "bfollowell" Have you tried shutting your Nook down completely and restarting? This will typically clean up this issue

Yes I have.  Unless there is something more you are thinking of besides holding the power button and clicking OK to shut down?

-Scott

Wordsmith
PJLLB
0 Kudos

Have you tried tapping and holding the tap on the item in the library?  For some reason I think that worked for me when I had a similar problem with side-loaded pdf files. 

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

I think I recall somene else posting that you cannot just delete the folder; you have to delete the books in the folder first, then delete the folder.

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Contributor
Lonewolf147
0 Kudos

PJLLB wrote:

Have you tried tapping and holding the tap on the item in the library?  For some reason I think that worked for me when I had a similar problem with side-loaded pdf files. 

Yes I have. The only options I get are to add to homepage or add to shelf.  If I do either of those, the book cover is indeed added but it's still a bad link.

laurieb52 wrote:

I think I recall somene else posting that you cannot just delete the folder; you have to delete the books in the folder first, then delete the folder.

Yes, I saw that post too.  That's why I was hoping to find another solution, like just deleting the database file (if I knew which file that was I would try it!) or something before I go and deregister/reregister my nook. 

New User
SteveGIMP
0 Kudos

Has anyone found a solution for this?  I'm having the same issue and nothing has worked.

I deleted the epub files from Windows Explorer on my PC, but the thumbnails persist in my library.  However, they do nothing when tapped.  I've searched the entire MyNook drive for *.epub and *.jpg with no results. 

Contributor
Lonewolf147
0 Kudos

Sorry, but with no one else providing solutions I ended up de-registering and re-registering my device. It sucks, because you have to reset up everything including redownloading any apps you had installed.

I hope you can find a different solution before going this route!
New User
SteveGIMP
0 Kudos

Actually, I reread your original post and realized I'd missed your link to the other topic. Fortunately, I still had the files on my PC so I was able to reload then remove them as suggested in that solution. All is good now.
Contributor
garyyyyt
0 Kudos

I'm also experiencing the same problem, does anyone have a solution to this yet?
Contributor
garyyyyt
0 Kudos

Anyone?
New User
VorFemme
0 Kudos

I was looking for the same answer over the last three days - finally formatted the micro SD card then erased & deregistered the HD+ - I'm in the process of rebuilding the library.

Just because you have a 32gb micro SD card doesn't mean that it is a good idea to put some 20,000 books on it - it got unwieldy to find the book that I was after.  Deleting the ones that I knew I had already read wasn't working, as they still showed up.

On the plus side - emptying the storage leaves lots of space to download videos and music!

On the minus side - refilling the memory, again.