Reader
JKinICT
0 Kudos

Downloading from the web

I have a magazine subscription that allows me to download old issues from their website. i could do it from my Nook color, but with the HD plus it always says download interrupted, what am I doing wrong?

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Re: Downloading from the web

What format are these files in?

It's not clear to me whether you're saying

A) When I download a standard PDF type file from the magazine website to the Nook HD+ then the download fails.

OR

B) When I download some special app or something for Nook HD+ it fails.

Also, does it work for you if you download to your PC and then move it to your Nook HD+? Or is this some special thing that only works if you access from your Nook HD+ (which seems unlikely).

If it's a download issue then it could be a myriad of reasons

- wifi issues

- the Nook HD+ browser (if you are using the browser). IN that case use another browser like Puffin or Dolphin.

- something about the file type (unlikely).

Correspondent
DonMN
0 Kudos

Re: Downloading from the web

[ Edited ]

I had trouble downloading pdf files from a secured site on my old Android 2.2 phone with the built-in browser and Dolphin.  I found that it only worked with the Opera and Firefox browsers on my phone.

With my HD+, it doesn't work with either the built-in browser, Dolphin, or Maxthon. I don't think Opera or Firefox is available for the Nook HD!/HD+.

I think it probably a combination of the browser and maybe a slightly non-standard website.

Does the message say incomplete or unsuccessful?