Frequent Contributor
jfender
0 Kudos

FACEBOOK not loading

I started having trouble bringing up my facebook wall a couple of days ago. I can see everything, top, bottom, left and right except for the "wall status" area where I'd normally see updates from my FB friends. Also, if I go to someone's wall specifically, the Nook HD+ starts actting weird like it can't load everything properly. It will eventually lock up and then I have to 'kill' the web browser. This has happened with both the standard browser and the dolphin browser. I've cleared my cache, my history, and my cookies. Wondering if anyone else is having this issue.
New User
Jomitch12
0 Kudos

Re: FACEBOOK not loading

YES!  I just came here to see if any one has this problem. It is 2 weeks old and has been fine up until today.  Same thing, the message feed is not there but I can see everything else and view friends home pages. Any suggestions??  So frustrating. I hope this is not an indication of problems in the future.

New User
Jomitch12
0 Kudos

After reading thru some posts, I saw where someone suggested using the mobile facebook..I did and my message feed is now back and the pages seem to load much faster. It looks different than my old fb page, but thats ok if it works. Try it...www.m.facebook.com  

Inspired Correspondent
campyrs
0 Kudos

My facebook stopped working yesterday evening. I tried everyting I could think of with no success. All my groups and my personal page was there but the 'news feed' page was blank. I even installed two other browsers. No luck. Earlier I went to my bookmarks and chose nook facebook page. It loaded the page. Then I hit home page and my facebook is back. Don't know what was wrong but it's working again.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Facebook changed something in their website last week and that's broken things for lots of people.

Best option - http://m.facebook.com/

Use the mobile site.

It works.

Reader 2
karenh3

I use the Dolphin browser (available in the app store) on my HD+ and have not had any issues with Facebook. I use the desktop mode and it works fine. Karen
Bibliophile
Schwa

Also, there's a tablet layout too, and what I've been using since the recent facebook troubles:

touch.facebook.com  (tablet)

m.facebook.com  (mobile/smartphone)

www.facebook.com  (desktop)

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing that Schwa. Tablet layout should be super.

Just curious - how did you find out about it?

Bibliophile
Schwa

5ivedom, it was actually an included bookmark on my Nookcolor's browser. I never used it, though, until this most recent facebook debacle.
Frequent Contributor
jfender
0 Kudos

I'm not sure what I did but it's working again now. I still may try the tablet option to see how well that works/looks. Thanks again everyone.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Wow, an included bookmark. That's cool that B&N actually thought to but in a bookmark for the Tablet Version.

Also, from the newest post it seems Facebook might have fixed their site or something.

Correspondent
Alanakat
0 Kudos

So do you guys have an App for this? I just got mine for Christmas and I'm still trying to understand it.