Frequent Contributor
CNUcrazy09
0 Kudos

Facebook social account not working

So just tried to post a reading status on Facebook and I get this message that I need to reauthenticate my Facebook account. Try to go to settings and so that but rather than sending me to a login page I get an authentication invalid error jumbled computer message. Anyone else having this issue?
Frequent Contributor
CNUcrazy09
0 Kudos

Re: Facebook social account not working

Okay it says error validating application. I have had no issues at all until now. Haven't changed my email or pass for Facebook and it works fine on everything else.
Frequent Contributor
CNUcrazy09
0 Kudos

This is the total message. "error": { "message": "Error validating application. Invalid application ID.", "type": "OAuthException", "code": 101 }
Inspired Contributor
Swedereades
0 Kudos

Don't recognize that error message but I would try unistalling and reinstalling the app.
Frequent Contributor
CNUcrazy09
0 Kudos

It is not an app though.that are the built in social features for my nook hd+. I can't uninstall that.
Wordsmith
AlbionRose
0 Kudos

I use facebook through my Dolphin browser, but have never tried to use the reading update function, and haven't seen the error you describe.

Have you tried to use a different browser? That might be happier taking reading updates.  There are a number of free ones available from the Play store such as Firefox, Dolphin, Puffin as well as the standard Chrome.

Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem, although I'm getting a differnt error message.  I have three Nooks (NST, NC, HD+) and it's the same on each of them. the feature used to work; now it doesn't.  I took it to two B&N stores.  At one, they were unable to explain or solve it; at the other, they had never heard of the feature.  I haven't called tech support; they'd probably just tell me to deregister/register, and I can't see how that would help.

Frequent Contributor
CNUcrazy09
0 Kudos

Okay finally someone understands what I am talking about! Thanks bfcoughlin? Glad I am not alone. The only real solution I see if not an update would be to factory reset and I don't want to waste all that time resetting up my home screens redownloading everything, etc. So frustrating because I really liked that feature. :-(
Wordsmith
AlbionRose
0 Kudos

I guess you have already tried to use the Facebook App to see if that function works...

New User
BlueFish714
0 Kudos

I am having this issues as well. I just bought a brand new Nook HD+ over the weekend. I can access FB through the app and the web browser fine. However, I cannot sync with the Nook friends or anything like that.

Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin
0 Kudos

Since I'm having the issue on all three of my Nooks, I can't see how it's device specific; so I don't see how the de-register/re-register routine or resetting to factory settings would help.  I had the problem once before, and it seemed to resolve spontaneously.  It seems to be either something to do with the service itself or perhaps something in my FB settings.  I have the FB app on my HD+ and it works; I can also access FB through my broswer.  So I know I have the right password etc. and that FB will recognize my HD+ & NC. 

Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin
0 Kudos

>>I guess you have already tried to use the Facebook App to see if that function works...<<

Yes, to both.  And I can use FB through my browser on both the HD+ & the NC.  But when I try to link to FB in the social settings, I get a message that says that there's an error with the information.  I know for sure there isn't and that the Nook made contact with FB.  I don't use the feature often, but it's nice to have. 

Frequent Contributor
Bluepen61
0 Kudos

Both FaceBook and Twitter don't work. I get a script error for FB and Twitter encountered a technical issue error statement for Twitter.

Not all who wander are lost. ---J. R. R. Tolkien
Nook HD 8 GB, Stock Root and Other Mods
Frequent Contributor
Davan
0 Kudos

The Social feature is now working again according to those who know.  Please test it out and report if it is not fixed for you.  It may require you to reboot your HD/HD+.

Mahalo for your time,

Davan

New User
Whitestar1
0 Kudos

Getting error. "An error has occured, please try again later." when I try to share or invite friends with apps. It's happening on more than one app. I have done a soft reset. Even tried unlinking and relinking my Facebook account. Have even tried clearing the cache. Hope this gets fixed soon. It's nice you added Google Play to the Nook HD+, but if you can't use Facebook share in the games, It's very annoying.

New User
BlueFish714
0 Kudos

I tried this evening and it does work for me now. 

New User
samosborne07
0 Kudos

i was on the phone with tech support for 45 minutes just for them to tell me that they weren't sure why it was happening...they even did a complete system reset and it still did nothing! It is super frustrating and I just need them to figure out what is going on and fix it! I even went to Barnes and Noble and the guy there had no idea what was going on!
New User
samosborne07
0 Kudos

I am also having this problem and I'm glad it isn't just me! Tech support doesn't know what is going on with this problem and they don't know how to fix it! I have a "Error Fetching Feeds. Please try again later." message whenever I try to see my Friends Activities in my Nook Friends App..I just wish at least one person could explain to me what is going on and just tell me how to fix it!