Contributor
bravo331
0 Kudos

Finally!

So glad to finally have Chrome and Play Store on the hd+ ! Don't know about everyone else but Dolphin and stock browser have never worked very well for me on this device or my phone. Was so frustrating I didn't even bother using them. Hooray for Chrome!

Contributor
ejohnson53

Re: Finally!

The B&N stock browser wsa far superior to Chrome. Chrome does not support Flash and Chrome does not have the important "Article View" button. None of the other browsers in the google play store come close to what the old stock browser could do.

Correspondent
ewilson1114

ejohnson53 wrote:

The B&N stock browser wsa far superior to Chrome. Chrome does not support Flash and Chrome does not have the important "Article View" button. None of the other browsers in the google play store come close to what the old stock browser could do.

Maybe in your opinion. In my opinion, Chrome is better than B&N stock. That's because Chrome better fits MY usage. I don't really visit any web pages that require Flash nor did I use Article View as I just size up the text in Chrome settings if it is too small. I also use Chrome on my PC and iPhone so its wonderful for everything to sync up. Not to mention Chrome is faster than the stock browser was and it crashes less often (in my experience).

Please don't go around stating your opinion as fact in every single thread about the update. We get it, you don't like it. You dont have to say it a million times to us. If you're so displeased, contact B&N.

Bibliophile
5ivedom

EWilson, I find the stock browser better too.

Flash is a pretty big deal. I'm not sure how you can avoid Flash websites completely. Lots and lots of websites use Flash.

Article View isn't about text size as much as about 'CLEAN' text reading.

Correspondent
ewilson1114
0 Kudos

5ivedom wrote:

EWilson, I find the stock browser better too.

Flash is a pretty big deal. I'm not sure how you can avoid Flash websites completely. Lots and lots of websites use Flash.

Article View isn't about text size as much as about 'CLEAN' text reading.

I know that flash is a big deal and very commonly used but I honestly haven't noticed anything missing in MY browsing. I assume that flash is only used in ads on those pages, which I'd rather not see anyway. I totally understand why people like  Article View-- perhaps I wasn't clear. I just don't use it myself. 

RE: Flash, I have noticed an "app" in my library called Browser Plugin. When I click on it it takes me to Adobe's Flash Player website to a page called "Settings Manager Mobile". Not really sure what its about, do you have it as well? Its a Nook app as it has the n in the corner.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

EWilson, perhaps it's just a case of us using very different websites.

On Firefox my Flash plugin is categorized as 'not safe'. This means that a lot of the websites that I go to just show a box asking to 'allow Flash'. It surprised me how many websites use Flash.

Browser Plugin is for Flash. It works only with stock browser.

Correspondent
ewilson1114
0 Kudos

5ivedom wrote:

EWilson, perhaps it's just a case of us using very different websites.

On Firefox my Flash plugin is categorized as 'not safe'. This means that a lot of the websites that I go to just show a box asking to 'allow Flash'. It surprised me how many websites use Flash.

Browser Plugin is for Flash. It works only with stock browser.

Yeah it sounds like we just use different websites. 

I wonder why Browser Plugin is still there even though the stock browser is gone.