Reader 2
dunk6

Five Bluetooth Keyboards and one Bluetooth mouse

I tried five Bluetooth keyboards for use with the Nook HD+:

1. The MS Bluetooth Mobile Keyboard 5000 would pair but not connnect. It was obtained and returned  to Fred Meyer.

2. The Logitech 810 was the best looking keyboard. Nevertheless, no pin or passcode dialog box was generated. It was from Best Buy.

3. The Logitech 920-003390 Tablet Keyboard for Android 3.0 Plus was also from Best Buy and would pair but not connect.

4. The iHome smart Type Universal Full-Size Bluetooth keyboard with cover from Radio 

Shack could pair, but not connect.

5. The Belkin Universal Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard with iPad shortcut keys from OfficeMax paired and connected in seconds. It works well. It has no batteries what with  USB to AC charging. It is thin, lightweight, and plastic. It is about 10 inches in length. No cover.

From Staples comes the MS Sculpt Bluetooth Mouse. It needs two AA batteries. It pairs and connects in seconds. It has a tiny dark blue pointer. 

Other keyboards reputed to work are the Targus AKB33US and the Zagg ZAGGKeys Flex.

Contributor
mileswms
0 Kudos

Re: Five Bluetooth Keyboards and one Bluetooth mouse

Excellent. Thank you.

Contributor
redhdgirl417

I have the Poetic BT keyboard with case and it works perfectly with my Nook HD+, typing this reply on it right now. The keyboard attaches to case via magnets so can easily detach and use case as just a cover if want to.
Contributor
turnsouth

[ Edited ]

3 and 1:

I have the Logitech 920-003390 Tablet Keyboard for Android 3.0 Plus and it paired the first time and works perfectly.

The Freedom i-Connex Keyboard pairs the first time and works perfectly (added plus is the assositated Play Store app that adds ten shortcut keys)

Freedom Pro Keyboard as well pairs the first time, and works perfectly, but the assositated app is not in the Play Store, and must be sideloaded, so no extra shortcuts on a stock HD.

The Bluetooth Notebook Mouse 5000 - Microsoft, pairs and works the first time.

Reader
LeeVF
0 Kudos

I recently purchased the Ionic Bluetooth Keyboard and find it fits my needs quite well. My question is does anyone know if the Logitech Tablet Mouse for Android 3.1+ (Model No. 910-002626) works with the Nook HD+?

New User
SDNative
0 Kudos

I bought the Ionic Bluetooth keyboard and it works great. It paired up easily and there is no lag when typing on it. You just need to get used to the keyboard size that is obviously smaller than a standard keyboard. The Ionic comes in a leather case and the Nook HD+ slides into the sleeve nice and snug. You have complete access to all the ports and buttons.

I bought the MS Bluetooth Notebook 5000 mouse. It was only $19.99 at Office Depot. It paired but did not connect the first time, but I went into the Bluetooth settings and played with it and it connected. This mouse will work on a device that has Bluetooth 2.0 and/or on a device that has an MS operating system.

New User
tsu2
0 Kudos

Last week purchased a Targus AKB33US and can verify it works well. Used it continuously this past weekend to take presentation notes.
Distinguished Correspondent
lochnez
0 Kudos

Just got the Zaggkeys Flex Bluetooth keyboard. Paired with no problems. Works with both Android and iOS. Case can be used as a stand, but I have a 360 case for my HD+ so I don't need it for that. Could use it with the HD, though. Typing on it now, and my fingers are learning. It's small, but not chicklet sized like the first IBM PC keyboard 20+ years ago. Now if only they would make a 5-key for it!

New User
rlmatherly
0 Kudos

I purchased the Poetic but I cannot get it to work. Sometimes says it's paired but does not function, sometimes says it cannot communicate with the wireless keyboard.

New User
GAtoMI
0 Kudos

I tried to bluetooth my HTC Incredible 2 to my Nook HD+ and found that the phone's bluetooth operated on 2.1 MHz while it appears that the HD+ operates on 2.4 MHz - Good enought to pair but not to connect.

New User
zr14me
0 Kudos

I have the exact same problem with the Ionic keyboard case.  I returned the Poetic because the keys fell off when new and now this issue with the Ionic.  No problem pairing and it recognizes the code to type in, but keyboard will not work and sometimes cannot communicate because the bluetooth blink for a short time and stops.

Reader 2
remarquee
0 Kudos

I too purchased this keyboard. It worked well for about a week and then inexplicably stopped

and I could not get it to work regardles of what I did.

Contributor
Serapion
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Just to add a little data to the database of Nook HD compatibility with Bluetooth keyboards:

I bought the Motorola KZ450 Wireless Keyboard with Device Stand after a painstaking search for the right keyboard with the features I wanted (close to normal sized keyboard, compatibility with my iPod as well as Android, built-in mouse to control the cursor on screen) and the best price.  Got it in the mail and it would not pair with the Nook HD+.  No window appears to input a code but if I hit the return key on the keyboard I get an Invalid PIN/passcode error on the Nook.  Typing in 0000 or 1234 didn't work either.  I pretty much blame the Nook, as the keyboard paired perfectly with my iPod and MacBook (though I do blame the keyboard somewhat for not having a codeless pairing option).  A shame, as the typing feel is nice despite my big hands.  What a waste of time.  Didn't imagine that this could happen, thought Bluetooth would "just work."  Will buy one of the ones confirmed to work now by other users here and not make the same mistake.

New User
employee
0 Kudos

Does anyone know if the Scosche Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard, now sold at Barnes and Noble, can pair and connect with the nook HD? Supports Mac 05, iOS, Android firmware 3.0.1 or higher, and requires HID Bluetooth Profile.

Contributor
words-music-art
0 Kudos

To add another BT Keyboard & Mouse combination for the HD+ that has worked well with no problems:

I have the MiniSuit Removable Qwerty Keyboard Stand Case + Wake/Sleep (excellent quality & full 6-row keyboard - Amazon $29.95) and the MS BT Notebook Mouse 5000 (Amazon $49.95). Both paired quickly and easily, the mouse has a small blue cursor arrow.  

New User
curts
0 Kudos

Adding to the database of device information, the Newtrent NT-39B keyboard originally sold for the iPad 2 will connect with the NOOK HD+, but the only way it will type characters within applications after pairing is by using the BlueInput app.  I tried several other apps, but none of them worked for me.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Mercury_Glitch

B&N has released an official bluetooth keyboard for the Nook.

Should be in most stores by now. 

The Wheel weaves as the Wheel wills, and we are only the thread of the Pattern.
New User
MsKelley
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I had the same experience with the Logitech K810.  It was strange the keyboard paired with several devices but not the Nook HD. 

The Nook HD paired with several devices including three devices that needed passcodes.  In fact my friend has a Logitech diNovo keyboard and the Nook HD paired and connected with that device easily.  That keyboard is full size and not compatible with my needs; I want a small portable keyboard. 

There are customers on the Logitech site that reported this inability to pair with both the Nook HD, Nook HD + and with a couple of phones running Android Jelly Bean 4.2.  It also seems that the K810 has had a lot of connection issues too based on reviews on various sites. 

Thanks to everyone for sharing and I am trying the Logitech 920-003390 next.  I hope this option works for me as well as it did for turnsouth.

New User
MsKelley
0 Kudos

turnsouth:

Thanks for this post on the Logitech 920-003390 Tablet Keyboard.  It is working perfectly.  This discussion was a great help.

New User
rf518
0 Kudos

I bought the The Belkin Universal Bluetooth Wireless Keyboard with iPad shortcut keys and...it doesn't work :/ When my nook looks for Bluetooth devices, it doesn't even say they are any around. The keyboard is on, but...it just doesn't show up.

But it worked for the original poster. I have a nook HD+, so what gives?