Contributor
Serapion
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Forced to skip past free books at setup?

I just brought my HD+ home and was setting it up and installing updates.  Got to the part where the Nook asked me what my interests were and then suggested some sample books to me that I might like to get started.  I didn't like some of the choices and was curious what I would be offered if I picked different interest choices, so hit the back button and chose other interests.  When I went forward again was told by a dialogue box that there was an internet connectivity problem and the only option I was given to click was "Skip."  I hit this button and now the Nook is working normally but I don't see any way to go back to where I was offered those books, and when I looked up one of them in the Nook Store was told I would have to pay $10.95 for it or such.   I'm not absolutely sure:  were those books I was shown right after the Nook asked me my interests free sample books I was going to get that I have now missed out on, or was I going to be asked to pay for them?  And if they were free sample books is there any way to go back the screen where I was asked my interests and offered samples?

Distinguished Correspondent
lochnez
0 Kudos

Re: Forced to skip past free books at setup?

Having gone through the set up a couple of times, those are suggestions for books based on your choices. I doubt if any were free for the full book, but B&N gives samples of the books (usually the first couple of chapters). One thing to be aware of if you're not already is Free Fridays where B&N does give away a free book, for a limited time. The books they've offered will be of interest to different readers from week to week, i.e., murder mystery one week, romance the next, and so on. So, no, I don't think you missed out on freebies, just samples of books.

Contributor
Serapion
0 Kudos

Re: Forced to skip past free books at setup?

[ Edited ]

Cool, thank you lochnez for assuaging my fear of having missed out (and for the Free Friday tip)!