Inspired Correspondent
campyrs
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Google Calendar will not sync

I downloaded Google Calendar to my HD+ from the playstore.  It says it is synced to my gmail address, (the box is checked and says "synced")  However, none of my events, birthdays, etc. show up on my HD+.  I have gone to google calendar on my PC and all the data is there but the calendar on the HD+ is blank.  

Does anyone know how to make it actually SYNC?  I have uninstalled Google Calendar already and reinstalled it but it still does not show anything.  It worked until the 2.1 update.  Then nothing.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm too old to remember everyone's birthdays anymore!  LOL

campyrs

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Re: Google Calendar will not sync

Go into settings, account settings.  Select your gmail account.  Make sure calendar is checked to sync.  That's what mine shows and my calendar syncs.  You have to select each app to sync.

Inspired Correspondent
campyrs
0 Kudos

Yes, I went to Settings, accounts and Sync is ON on my gmail account.
Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

Just to be sure, did you tap on your gmail account and make sure the check box next o calendar is checked because it will show thwart sync is on under your gmail account, but you also have to tell it what you want synced.  I had to specifically check the calendar to make mine sync.

Wordsmith
AlbionRose
0 Kudos

I've done all that & I can't sync my calender either, so interested to hear if anyone has set this up successfully!

I had to do a factory reset, so I was back to square one with it all...

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

AlbionRose wrote:

I've done all that & I can't sync my calender either, so interested to hear if anyone has set this up successfully!

I had to do a factory reset, so I was back to square one with it all...

My google calendar syncs with no problem on my Nook HD.  The only time I have any issues is when I change my password and forget to change it on one of my devices.

Inspired Correspondent
campyrs
0 Kudos

My account and password are the same on my PC and my HD+ so thats not the problem here.

Inspired Correspondent
campyrs
0 Kudos

I went to settings, then accounts and my gmail account says sync is ON.
Frequent Contributor
Bluepen61
0 Kudos

Hmm, does your gmail send and receive from your HD/HD+? Using the Gmail app, that is?

Have you checked Play Store-Google Play / My Apps for updates?

Have you reset your gmail password?

Just thinking...

Not all who wander are lost. ---J. R. R. Tolkien
Nook HD 8 GB, Stock Root and Other Mods
Inspired Correspondent
campyrs
0 Kudos

Yes, my gmail account sends and receives just fine.  I have not needed a reason to reset my password as the same password works just fine on my PC in google calendar where all my events show up.  

I know, this is so frustrating.  I've owned my Nook since Nov 6th (the first days it was available)  And I have totally loved it.  I did deregister and reregister it a few weeks ago but that didn't even help.  It just made for a LOT of work getting everything back the way I had it set up.  :smileysad:

Thanks for responding,

campyrs

Inspired Wordsmith
petesnook
0 Kudos

Good, but did you do the extra step that bklvr879 suggested? You need to also tap the gmail account in Settings and make sure the Sync Calendar option is checked.

Inspired Correspondent
campyrs
0 Kudos

yes I did and  all three boxes are checked as synced.  

Frequent Contributor
Bluepen61
0 Kudos

And one last check, because I didn't read it in the prior replies.

Under Settings / Account Settings / underneath Other is Auto-sync app data. To the right of the text is it on or off? If off, press off to turn Auto-sync app on.

This setting is probably is on, you might want to try toggling it off and back to on. That might wake-up the calendar sync process.

Not all who wander are lost. ---J. R. R. Tolkien
Nook HD 8 GB, Stock Root and Other Mods
Inspired Correspondent
campyrs
0 Kudos

It is ON.  AND undeder my gmail address it says Sync is ON.  Believe me, I'm willing to try just about anything you can think of at this point.  It still does not show any of my events/birthdays on my HD+ in Google Calendar that are showing up on my PC.  :smileysad:

Thanks for responding.

Inspired Contributor
Swedereades
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

You also have to go into Calendar settings and make sure that the various calendars are checked. For example for me it's "Contacts' birthdays" "Swedish holidays" and "Asa's stuff" that I want synced to my Android. 

Edit: And that would be the CAlendar setting on the Nook, not the computer! Open Calendar, the dots in the top right, settings. Then to the account and the available calendars will show up. I have more calendars on my computer, all of them within Google but  I don't sync all of them to all devices.

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

I just realized I'm using the stock calendanoy pot the google calendar app, and it syncs with my google calendar.

that being said, I just downloaded and installed the Google calendar app and it automatically selected my google account and synced.

whenyou went into settings did you go into settings in the calendar app or the Nook settings?

Inspired Correspondent
campyrs
0 Kudos

I have been in both the Nook and the calendar settings and everything says its synced.  There isn't anywhere else I am aware of to have cheched.  My gmail account says its synced and the calendar says its synced AND the Nook settings say synced.  But there are NO events/birthdays showing in Google Calendar.  This shouldn't be this difficultI'm not giving up hope.  They USED to be there until the 2.10 upgrade.  I love the upgrade and this is the only thing I lost.  Its not the end of the world, just inconvenient.

Inspired Contributor
Swedereades
0 Kudos

OK,  just to be sure we're talking about the same thing:

When you look at the calendar on the computer or through the Nook web browser there should be a color assigned to various types of entries.  To the left of the actual calendar there should be  a list with the names of the  various calendar connected to those colors.

For example for me Contact's birthdays are listed under "other calendars".  Is this the same for you? Do you see calendar names?

If so,  those same calendar names should be listed when you go to your account in Calendar settings. 

I don't see any mention of calendar names in the posts.  Just account.  That's why I ask this.

Inspired Correspondent
campyrs
0 Kudos

No, NOT the nook browser , the google playstore's google calendar app.  That is the app that will no longer show my events.  When on my PC, I can go to google browser and then to calendar and all my events are there.  Then using the google calendar app and signed into my gmail account, AND synced to my google/gmail account, my events no longer show up on the HD+.  They USED to be there but now the calendar is blank.  Does this make sense to you?

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

campyrs wrote:

No, NOT the nook browser , the google playstore's google calendar app.  That is the app that will no longer show my events.  When on my PC, I can go to google browser and then to calendar and all my events are there.  Then using the google calendar app and signed into my gmail account, AND synced to my google/gmail account, my events no longer show up on the HD+.  They USED to be there but now the calendar is blank.  Does this make sense to you?

Well, no, it doesn't make sense, but then, I find things on computers/tablets lots of times that don't seem to make sense.

Anyway, I'm out of suggestions, since I downloaded and installed the Google Calendar and it synced without a problem.  I am curious, will it sync with the stock calendar?

Have you tried googling the problem, I did and there are others reporting similar issues on other devices, with some suggestions, like clearing cache, deleting the account and setting it up again.