Correspondent
ewilson1114
0 Kudos

Google Chrome Sideload

So I finally figured out adb (yay!) and the first thing I wanted to install was Chrome! So I did, successfully, and the app technically works but whenever I try to sign in to my Google account on Chrome the app crashes. Has anyone else experienced it and if so have you found a solution? Thanks!

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Re: Google Chrome Sideload

I haven't tried Chrome. however, I know that some people get the mobile sites to work i.e.

m.gmail.com instead of gmail.com. etc.

Contributor
darthcircuit
0 Kudos

So the reason it crashes if you sign in is because Chrome uses the Google Framework built into most android devices. It's not present on the nook. You can sideload this as well, if you feel like rooting your device. I did it, and it works great. I have access to the play store, gmail, chrome, and other stuff. If you would like to do this, check out this thread over at xda: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1993575
Correspondent
ewilson1114
0 Kudos

Thanks! That makes alot of sense. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to root but being able to use Google Framework is definitely a deciding factor.

Scribe
Froide
0 Kudos

@ewilson1114 - I haven't gotten ADB to work. I'd appreciate learning how you did it.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. ~Groucho Marx

[My quicklinks to pick/post limited-time ebook and audiobook freebies in the Limited-Time NOOKbook Freebies and Official OT threads.]
Reader
sdouglas949
0 Kudos

About a month ago, I was able to get ADB to work on my Linux machine, with the help of a friend who works in IT.  It wasn't easy and I have no idea how I would explain it here.

Then a couple of weeks ago I was able to run CyanogenMod 10 and the Google Play Store via the SD Card through a download at n2acards.com

No rooting is required and your warranty is not voided. You can switch back to the stock system just by removing the SD Card.