Correspondent
scjohanson5
0 Kudos

Google app Play music

The Google app "play musci" is not installing all of the way on my Nook HD.  Any answers out there.  Other than that I am more than pleased with the Nook update to include the play store.

BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 519
Solutions: 40
0 Kudos

Re: Google app Play music

Play music is preloaded, so you shouldn't need to install anything.

What is happening when you try to load the app?

- Alex

Click the Laurel leaf to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
flyingtoastr
Topics: 55
Kudos: 2,947

I'm having the same issue, Alex.

I did think it was weird that GPM wasn't preinstalled (since it's a core GP app it's always supposed to be preloaded with the licence). But I hopped over to the GPS and tried to install. And it's stuck in a loop. The app downloads, tries to install, then goes back to asking me to download. So something is preventing it from installing.

BN_AlexG

Thanks flyingtoastr, lemme check with our devs. This should def not be the case.
Click the Laurel leaf to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
BN_AlexG
0 Kudos

Ok so it seems this may have something to do with entitlements on your device.

Can either or both of you make sure that you have access to all apps amongst your profiles (if any).

- Alex

Correspondent
scjohanson5
0 Kudos

My google play also goes in a loop, starts installing and then returns to install.  There are no preferences.  I'm the only one on my Nook.

I checked under settings, and then applications, and I see google play music, but I don't see it underf my apps tab where I can use it.  What do I do?

Correspondent
scjohanson5
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

PS:  I found the play music under settings,my applications. I see that you can force stop or unstall updates, but it is not under my apps tab and I don't see how I can open it or get to it.

Correspondent
scjohanson5
0 Kudos

Where do you find the preferences on your profiles and how should you set the preferences to get to "play music"?.  I'm the only one on my Nook

flyingtoastr
0 Kudos

BN_AlexG wrote:

Ok so it seems this may have something to do with entitlements on your device.

Can either or both of you make sure that you have access to all apps amongst your profiles (if any).

- Alex

Play Music isn't showing up in my list of apps in the profile management. It is, however, showing as installed in the apps settings section.

flyingtoastr
0 Kudos

So doing an erase and deregister fixed that issue, but now the NOOK forgot that I bought a movie... >.<

Distinguished Correspondent
celandinehobbit
0 Kudos

Meh. I'm having the same problem but am hesitant to go to the extreme of erasing and deregistering. I'll wait it out a bit and see if a solution from Alex (hopefully!) comes up. 

Correspondent
scjohanson5
0 Kudos

Same here, I don't want to go extreme. It doesn't have anything to do with profile. I checked mine.
Contributor
Abe_Froman
0 Kudos

Same thing here. I tried clearing the data and cache from the app but that didnt work. Then i hit "disable" and play music completely disappeared. I assumed you could re-enable it, but its nowhere to be found under my apps. When i tried redownloading/reinstalling nothing happened - same looping install message and no play music.

I imagine some glitches were to be expected from an update like this, but can we expect a patch or some fix to some of these issues in the next week or so?

Correspondent
scjohanson5
0 Kudos

I thought about disabling it too, but I guess now I won't.
My husband says just wait and see if they do something.
Contributor
Abe_Froman
0 Kudos

Update: Ok so I found play music at the very bottom of the apps list, and after some finagling, re-enabled it. It didnt fix anything though. 

Not sure if this has anything to do with anything, but when I go to account settings (under all settings) and click on the google account, there is no option to sync play music, even though the program is technically installed on the device. On my android phone, syncing play music is an option along with movies & tv, contacts, calendars, etc. 

Oh well, hope some of these issues are fixed soon.

Distinguished Bibliophile
patgolfneb

I gave up and downloaded Rocket. It works well.  It has equalizer profiles that I feel definitely improve the sound. You can assign different profiles to different songs. 

Frequent Contributor
RobertCNJ
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I do not have much music yet so for now I just go into the Play Store and search for one of the albums I have purchased back when. After it finds it, I just play that music.

But I see the icon when I launch using Nova instead. Weird!

Correspondent
scjohanson5
0 Kudos

Re: Google app Play music-I found a way to get to it

I found a way to get to the google app "play music" by accident.  Since I couldn't use google play music which I liked on my android phone, I looked for another app in the play store to sync my computer Itunes with my nook.  I found "Synctunes Wireless Free" app because it seemed to do the same thing but limit you to 100 songs  I downloaded it and followed the instructions on my computer.  I opened it on my Nook and went to the main page.  There were several options, one being "music app" which I went to.  When it opened it was "google play music" with all of my playlists (not just the 100 songs) I have on my phone.  I always knew the "play music app" was on my nook, but I couldn't reach it, now I can through Synctunes.

Bibliophile
laurieb52

I'm wondering if ll those who are having issues with google play had already purchased tunes through another google app? I have had no issues with the google play app - it works great. But then again all of my music has either been purchased through Amazon, or has been converted from CD's and sideloaded.

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Following up on what LaurieB wrote. What do the people having problems with Google Play Music App have in common?

There might be some trigger that is causing problems. So any setting, or some past history with Google Play Music App. Something else?