Inspired Correspondent
lopaka47
0 Kudos

HD Charge Lights

I bought the Nook HD recently, the 8gb version. I already own the HD+, bought that one last November (the 16gb version). My problem concerns the HD, when I charge it the indicator light shows a steady green color even if the tablet battery is down to, say, 10%. The charge light never shows the amber/yellow color which is supposed to indicate charging is taking place. The HD does charge completely, but without the indicator light it's hard to tell when the tablet can be taken off the charger. The HD+ charge lights work fine, btw. I was just wondering if anybody else has had this problem?

New User
EppyThacher
0 Kudos

Re: HD Charge Lights

I had a charge problem with Nook HD.  There are lots of posts to read.  The post that I tried had me try the cable with different sources until the reader said "charging."  I'm using a USB to socket/car lighter recharger and the nook HD cable.  (No lights appear on the cable, even when charging.)  Some people say the charging lights on the cable don't show up until 98% (yellow) 100% (green).

Inspired Correspondent
thans56
0 Kudos

The lights on my hd+ have never changed colors when charging
Frequent Contributor
bru20
0 Kudos

thans56 wrote:
The lights on my hd+ have never changed colors when charging

Not sure if you mean you get one color while charging as opposed to it changing while charging but to address the OP and second post, our HD and HD+ both show amber when charging and it changes to green when fully charged.  Pretty sure that's how it is supposed to work.

Inspired Correspondent
NC-Kindle
0 Kudos

There are two nice free apps that can be set to notify you of all phases of battery charge and discharge status. Battery HD Pro (SMALLTE CH) will annouunce any level you set in 5% intervals. DS (Deep Sleep) Battery Saver can be set to play a sound (I use the Rooster sound) to announce full charge which happens x minutes after 100% charge (That's when the green light normally comes on) This app will also put you in true deep sleep when you close your cover. No more sudden large battery % drops upon waking from sleep mode. I use the Slumberer setting. You can also put an icon in the notification center with an on/off toggle option. Hope y'all find these as usefull as I have.