Inspired Wordsmith
petesnook
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

HD+ Email App Can't Add New Acct

Got my HD+ last weekend. Gorgeous piece of hardware! So much to love about it. But I've got a problem with the native email program. I was able to add my account and it works perfectly. But it is stuck on my Mailbox page. I can't get to the main email screen to add additional accounts. There is no back button (and why did they remove the back swipe?) or menu button.  It doesn't show up in App Killer. Tried powering down but it still launches in my Mailbox page. Anybody have this happen and/or any ideas? The program works great on my NC.

I installed K-9. It works, but I don't care for the UI.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Re: HD+ Email App Can't Add New Acct

Tap on the Name of your account. That opens up a dropdown. One of the options will be 'Accounts'. Tap that to go to the Accounts Page.

That's how it worked in Nook Tablet and I'm guessing it's the same in HD.

Inspired Wordsmith
petesnook
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggetion 5, but the email app on the HD+ is different. What you described is the UI on the NC. On the HD+ there is a gray bar across the top. In the middle of the bar it says Mailbox in large, bolded letters. Underneath that in small letters is my email acct name. Tapping anywhere on the bar does nothing.

Inspired Contributor
Swedereades

There may be different ways to do it, but you can do it through the main "settings" menu, "applications", ""email" and there should be an "add account at the bottom of the page"

Inspired Wordsmith
petesnook
0 Kudos

Kudos to you!  Thanks. That worked. I should have thought of that, since I can do that on my Nexus 4 phone. I keep forgetting the HD+ is based on 4.0.