Contributor
xstitchr
0 Kudos

HD not showing entire Nook library

My new HD is not showing my entire Nook library of books. It's missing at least 1/3 of my books. I've tried resyncing it and nothing changes. I even tried searching for a book, and the HD took me to the Store and invited me to purchase it. My NC has no problem showing my entire listing.

Wordsmith
AlbionRose
0 Kudos

Re: HD not showing entire Nook library

[ Edited ]

Some books are specific to the type of Nook - does the Book you searched for have versions for Nook HD/HD+ and Nook color? You could check this out on the internet Nook store..

The other thing is, books sideloaded to your SD card may appear in 'My Files'>Books rather than the Books section of the library.  When you look at My Files, see if there is an option at the top to change to SD card to see the books on there.

If your books are HD/HD+ compatible & all Nook books that you can't see, it may be worth contacting the very helpful Alex the Moderator of this forum to see what he can do to help.

The other thing that has affected peoples' books is passing their other device on to a friend or family member who unknowingly deletes books from the NC which also deletes it from your HD/HD+.....

Contributor
xstitchr
0 Kudos

Sorry I wasn't specific. I'm referring only to books listed in the Nook library, online, at B&N. I have 96 purchased books listed in My Library (does not count the 58 Archived books). Yet my HD only shows 67 in my Library. And I've never seen a distinction in books between an HD version, or a NC version, or a SG style. I just looked at Jean Auel's 'Clan of the Cave Bear' and B&N only says 'Nook Book'. Thanks for replying, & I pass on my question to Alex. And I've never passed on my old Nooks.

Inspired Scribe
kamas716
0 Kudos

my wife has had this same problem, though not to this extent.  It was just a plain old NookBook, not page perfect or enhanced.  The information said it worked with her HD, but never showed in the library.  I sideloaded it and it works fine.

http://www.goodreads.com/kamas716
Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

Did you check your profile? See if the books have been selected to be available on this device.