Inspired Correspondent
campyrs
0 Kudos

Headphone issue

Well, something "new" started today with my HD+.....  I can start to listen to my mp3's just fine.  I can plug in my headphones and listen while I read.  However the "new" trick it started today is that if I unplug the headphones from the jack, the music player stops playing!  When I go to the music player, it's inactive.  I have to double-click on a song to start the player again.  Has anyone ever heard of this?????  

I have played music before and was able to pull out the headphones and the music just switched over to the internal speakers.  This could be annoying after awhile.

Thanks

campyrs

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

Re: Headphone issue

What happens if you pause the music, take out the headphones, then hit play? Will it just continue then?

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Campyrs, I got this on one out of my HD and HD+ but not on the other. I was talking to someone on my team about this and she got it too I think.

So it seems to be some bug.

Inspired Correspondent
campyrs
0 Kudos

Nookgardner:  I am reading online while I am listening to the music....  If I unplug the headphone, my music stops.  I have to go back out to my home screen, click on music player and find the song I was listening to and start playing again.  I can listen to the song with the internal speakers until I plug in the headphones.  As soon as I get up and unplug my headphones to go do something, the music player just comes to a stop.  

It didn't do this until the last update.  (I haven't used my headphones since then)  I always check things out to see if they are still functioning after an update... (just to make sure)  I guess I didn't think to check out the headphone issue.  

5ivedom:  I'm just glad I'm not the only one here with this "new" trick going on.  :smileyindifferent:

Thanks for the thoughts

Inspired Correspondent
campyrs
0 Kudos

I'm updating the HD+ to 2.10 at the moment.  I'll let you know if this fixes this problem.  I didn't know there was an update available until I read it in the subjects and posts...  My fingers are crossed

Inspired Correspondent
campyrs
0 Kudos

Nope.  Still does it with the new OS update. :smileysad:  It was worth a try.