Bibliophile
5ivedom

Hidden Object Game - 3 Hidden Object Adventures for Nook

[ Edited ]

3 Hidden Object Adventures is our new Nook Hidden Object Game. Please take a look.

forest1 alt + golden HO.png

It's $1 and features -

1) 3 Stories with 2,200+ hidden objects. You can choose 'Story+Scenes' mode if you want to experience both the story and the hidden objects scenes. If you just want to find hidden objects, choose 'Scenes Only' mode.

2) Beautiful HD Graphics. They look good even when you zoom in. App is optimized for and tested on NOOK Color (TM), NOOK Tablet (TM), NOOK HD (TM), NOOKHD+ (TM).

Note: It took a lot of work to test and optimize for all four devices. Please add a review if you like the app. If not, let us know where to improve.

3) A mix of hiding difficulties. 5 hard, 5 medium, 5 easy hidden objects per scene. Some objects are very well hidden and some are easier to find. You can adjust difficulty via - choosing extra hints, turning off timer, choosing 15 Item Mode or 5 Item Mode.

4) Beautiful themed music and game sounds. You can turn these off if you prefer.

5) Three immersive stories. Every single detail from music to hidden objects to design to scenes chosen is congruent with the story. You get a very complete and immersive experience.

First Story - After the Apocalypse

World War III has happened … and it’s worse than anything anyone could have imagined.  You head out from Boston Enclave to find your family in Texas. Gather the objects you need to protect yourself and to complete your journey.

Here are a few images:

a) An Abandoned Home - Is it safe?

b) An Abandoned Car - Salvage whatever you can. Please Note: This is zoomed in so details aren't as sharp as in full, actual image.

Second Story - Lost at the Zoo

Adventurous twins get lost at the zoo and their worried father is challenged to find them. A great way to learn more about various zoo animals, insects, reptiles, and rodents as you follow the twins trail to various animal habitats.

Lots of beautiful images of Animals.

a) Giraffes taking a break from sticking their necks out.

b) Zebras having an identity crisis.

Third Story - The Secret Forest

Your son disappears and you find a path to a Secret Forest in your atttic. A good witch and fairy assist you as you gather objects that will help you reach your son and survive the Secret Forest.

You can see a few sample scenes here -

a) A Hidden Room in a Cottage outside the Secret Forest.

b) A Stream in the Secret Forest

You basically get 3 Hidden Object Games in one App. There are over 2,200 hidden objects and over 158 scenes to go through. Lots of customization to play the games the way you like.

If you want to read the story and do the hidden objects scenes that's one option. You can also choose to just do the Hidden Objects Scenes.

The 5 Item Mode has random item selection. So you can play the stories again and again.

Please do take a look. 3 Hidden Objects Adventures is definitely a fun hidden objects game and worth the money.

You can also see some more images and the main screens at our Nook Hidden Object Game post.

Wordsmith
AlbionRose
0 Kudos

Re: Hidden Object Game - 3 Hidden Object Adventures for Nook

Hi 5ivedom,

The game looks great - will it be available in the UK Nook store too?

:smileyhappy:

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Albion Rose, it should be available. We made it available.

Update: I see it isn't.

I'll follow up with B&N on why it isn't available for the UK. Thank you so much for letting me know.

Distinguished Correspondent
Nookycooky
0 Kudos

I bought it and it was well worth it! I finished one game, and now I am going to do the Zoo...then the last one which looks very pretty! Thank you for all the hard work you put into this wonderful app...Everyone...never fear....this app is GREAT FUN! I give it 5 stars.***** Nookycooky
All charged up and ready to go...my Nook's are too....
Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin

Not sure if I should thank you or not...here it is, right before Christmas and everything I have to do, and I've gotten sucked into this game! 

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Thank you very much Nookycooky and BFCoughlin.

I'll let my team know. All of us worked so hard on this game. They'll be delighted to hear that you are liking it.

Could you PLEASE add a review for it. That would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and best wishes for Christmas and 2013.

AlbionRose

B&N told me that some apps missed the UK release. So 3 Hidden Objects Adventures should be avalable in the UK next week, or latest the week after. Thank you for letting me know it was missing.

Wordsmith
LectorGS
0 Kudos

5 and team,

Great app.  It helped me to realize a very important thing in my current life.  I needed to get new reading glasses in order to see the icons.  A week later, new glasses and more fun using your app.

Thanks

Lector GS
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Thanks Lector.

Correspondent
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

LectorGS wrote:

5 and team,

Great app.  It helped me to realize a very important thing in my current life.  I needed to get new reading glasses in order to see the icons.  A week later, new glasses and more fun using your app.

Thanks

No way could I afford glasses just for that app... Bad enough I was due for new glasses last fall, but can't afford the $2000+ (prescription sunglasses, prescription daily use [right eye distance, left eye set for ~18-22 inches -- distance to computer monitor], and reading glasses [set for 12-15 inches]).

I ran the game with the glasses off, squinting through the astigmatism and breathing on the case...

Baron Wulfraed
Bibliophile
5ivedom

Wulfraed, you can use Zoom.

Also, there's a company called Warby Parker that does reasonably priced prescription glasses - http://www.warbyparker.com/

Contributor
XXjennXX
0 Kudos

Loved this game like intended some of the scenes are easy and some hard.  What I would really like to do is make one (or more) of these pictures my wallpaper, I'm not sure how to do this or if I can.  Would it be possible for your team to make a living wallpaper app.....I'd even settle for regular wallpaper if it would be possible. :smileyhappy: (I did a review just wanted to ask about the wallpaper.)

Bibliophile
5ivedom

Jenn,

1) Yes, we are working on a Wallpaper App. We actually got the idea from gathering images for this app and for our next Hidden Objects App.

Not sure when it'll be done. We have 660 images so it's hard to make them fit etc. and we might just do an app that has just 100 or 200 images.

2) All images that are in the App are saved in the 'My Files/THOA/' folder. The background images (without hidden objects) are all available.

You can just go into that folder after plugging your Nook into your PC and pick out the ones you like and put them in a separate folder.

Then use the Gallery App (or the My Media App on Color and Tablet) to pick out the images as your Wallpaper.

Contributor
XXjennXX
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Thank you for the help for the wallpaper.

Looking forward to more hidden objects and the wallpaper.

Contributor
BN_Hemen1
0 Kudos

This game is amazing Mr. 5ivedom where the story telling connects to the hidden objects. 

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

thanks NookCeption1

It took way more effort than an unconnected game would have. However, it was worth it since people love the game and appreciate the effort put in.

Contributor
mamahound
0 Kudos

Thanks for posting this. I love Hidden Objects Games and with all the positive reviews from your post, I bought the app. Have a great day!:smileywink:

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Thanks Mamhound. Hope you like it and hope you have a great day too.

Inspired Wordsmith
Swamprat
0 Kudos

@5ivedom:

I was just about to post a request for information regarding this game.

I agree that it is a great hidden object game, represents a lot of effort and is a good value, particularly for $1.  My only problem is that all of the background images and object overlays appear in my gallery in number of folders.

Can I keep the graphics from appearing by add a "nomedia" file to the various directories without interfering with the function of the game?  If not, any other suggestions?

Thanks!

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Hi Swamprat

Yes, I think adding a nomedia file to the directories should work.

The files are downloaded at

/My Files/THOA/

Which Nook do you have?

There are just 3 or 4 folders, so if you are on HD or HD+ then there should just be 3 or 4 folders which you can ignore.

Inspired Wordsmith
Swamprat
0 Kudos

5ivedom wrote:

Hi Swamprat

Yes, I think adding a nomedia file to the directories should work.

The files are downloaded at

/My Files/THOA/

Which Nook do you have?

There are just 3 or 4 folders, so if you are on HD or HD+ then there should just be 3 or 4 folders which you can ignore.

I have the HD+ and there are six subdirectories under My Files/THOA - I added a .nomedia file in each, but the pictures still show in both the stock Gallery app and in the Fish Bowl app, however they do not show in the Image Gallery app.  The Fish Bowl app is essentially unusable - there are so many folders that I can't figure hour Howe to hide them.

Any suggestions before I delete tne game or for reinstalling it to prevent this problem?

Thanks