Reader
Cat37
0 Kudos

Hiding (archiving) read books

This should be simple. On myNook color when I completed a book I could archive it and it would be moved out of my library. On my HD+ I've created an archive shelf , have moved read books there but they are still showing in my library. How can I change this? I read so much that I like to separate what I've read and what I havent. I've also tried moving them to the Cloud but they r still inlibrary. And sometimes when I go to library the books have been put back (not on cloud anymore).
Inspired Contributor
Swedereades

Re: Hiding (archiving) read books

I don't use shelves myself so I really don't know how they work, but I doubt putting books in an "archive" shelf that you've created yourself actually archives the book. That's why it still shows up for you.

To archive on the HD+ you press "volume down" all the way to no volume and long press on the book and there will be a "archive" option there.

And don't thank me for telling you this, because there is absolutely no way I would have figured that out unless someone else here in the Book Club hadn't posted about it! I want to give credit where it's due, but I don't remeber who figured this out! Thank you whoever you are!! :smileywink: 

Reader
Cat37
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot. And thanks to whoever told u.
Inspired Contributor
ConnieL4193

This stuff always amazes me. WHY do you put features in a device and then keep it hidden away like some big secret? Smart phones are good for doing this as well.  WHY?  Thanks for the info though - even if it didn't originally come from you.

Inspired Contributor
ConnieL4193
0 Kudos

tried this and see no archive option. Best I have is to move to the Nook Cloud and i'm not sure that actually hides it.

Inspired Contributor
Swedereades
0 Kudos

Press the volume down all the way to no volume, hold it while long-pressing the item and there should be an "archive" option.

Moving it to the cloud just removes it from system memory, but it still shows up in library with the option to download it. At least that's my experience. Only way to really hide it is archiving.

Inspired Contributor
ConnieL4193
0 Kudos

Apparently you must do this from the Libary as it will not work if you do it from the table top

Inspired Contributor
Swedereades
0 Kudos

My mistake. I thought we were talking about the library, but of course that wasn't said at all!
Reader
rah49
0 Kudos

You can also archive books on the bn.com website.  While signed into the bn.com website, to "MY Nook Library" and sign in to the library site and select "Library".  The book listings have an "Archive" button. 

This is also (apparently) the only way to view or unarchive archived books (or apps etc.).

If you select the "Archived Items" button under "SHOW" the Items show "Move to Archive" instead of Un-Archive, but Un-Archiveing is what it does.

Rod

P.S.  This  works fine on the Nook browser too.

Reader
rah49
0 Kudos

I was mistaken about un-archive.  See the topic _ Pre Ordered Book won't download _ .  The fourth answer by cybersmoke53 tells you how to view the archive on the HD's

Frequent Contributor
lilacangel

[ Edited ]
You have to press and hold the book and volume simultaneously. It doesn't make a difference if you use up or down, only that you hold both until the menu comes up.