Reader
iankh
0 Kudos

How do I watch an Ultraviolet Movie????

I've linked my Nook HD to my Ultraviolet account. The movies show up in the library, but there is no way to download or watch them. All I have is product information and a grayed out button that says "purchased."

I'm on the road on a business trip and was hoping to watch some movies on my flights.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Rignes

Re: How do I watch an Ultraviolet Movie????

Unfortunately we can't watch our UV movies yet.  The 2.0.4 update added UV Linking but not playing.  We are all hoping that the next update will allow playing of our UV movies.

I've heard rumors that the next update is going to be "Coming Soon™" but I haven't heard anything beyond rumor.

With the recently available HDMI dongle I look forward to full UV support so I can watch on my Non-Smart TV.

New User
PaigeH
0 Kudos

Thank you for that information! I sent an email yesterday to support and I used livechat today for quite a while. The representatives had no idea what I was talking about. They told me that I had an Ultraviolet app preinstalled on the Nook HD and I should use that. I told them it wasn't there and they told me to look again. Still no app, so they told me to look on the store. Then they told me that they were sorry, but it only worked with the NookHD. Interesting, because that is what I have!!! It was incredibly frustrating, and took way too much time. I was so happy to find this answer! I really appreciate the help.

Frequent Contributor
geertm
0 Kudos

Distinguished Wordsmith
Rignes
0 Kudos

Yes, I should have mentioned Flixter as a work around.

New User
PaigeH
0 Kudos

I have the Flixter app. How do I use it to watch my uv movies? Thanks for all of the help!
Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

You first have to register your ultraviolet movies according to the directions on your UV certificate.

Step 1: Sign up for an Ultaviolet account.

Step 2: Register the individual movie through the production company address listed on your certificate.  (Sony, Paramont, etc.; Warner Bros, your register directly through Flixster).

Step 3: Once the movies are registered, they show up on your Flixster account under "My Movies".

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Frequent Contributor
CNUcrazy09
0 Kudos

Has anyone had the issue where you have linked your account and then the covers do not show up on the movie? I picked a movie didn't really care if I had the ultraviolet copy for or not and I couldn't archive so I deleted thinking that I could just tap Ultraviolet in settings and have it check my account again and sync with my NOOK as this worked to add my new movie on account. No such luck. The movie I deleted on my NOOK HD + is still missing but is clearly visible in my Ultraviolet account.

Just an additional note to what others have said we are supposed to be able to stream or download our ultraviolet digital copies.
Correspondent
ewilson1114
0 Kudos

I have 6 or 7 ultraviolet movies and the covers show up on all except one-- the Hunger Games.

Frequent Contributor
CNUcrazy09
0 Kudos

Yeah the hunger games did not show up on mine. I thought maybe deleting it and resyncing my account from the settings page would bring it back but it hasn't. Really irritating.
Frequent Contributor
CNUcrazy09
0 Kudos

Okay so is anyone having the problem where you added a digital copy to your ultraviolet library and it is NOT showing up in your NOOK library? I just added my digital copy of the Dark Knight Rises to my ultraviolet account and I can't get it to show up in my NOOK library. I have tried checking my ultraviolet account status in the settings menu and syncing my library in my NOOK and nothing is working.
Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Only one of our 9 UV movies show up in the B&N movie library. Have to use Flixster to access and watch them.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Thanks for the information on Flixster everyone.

It seems b&N forgot to put the part in where you can actually WATCH the Ultraviolet movie on your Nook. Do you think that's going to be built into the store or will there be a separate app. IT'd be preferable if it just became available as a 'purchased' movie in Nook Video store.

Reader
iankh
0 Kudos

At least I know that I'm not nuts. I wonder when the release is coming that will let us just watch Ultraviolet movies without a workaround using a third party app?

New User
PaigeH
0 Kudos

I am still going back and forth with BN service. They kept emailing me about how to buy a movie on the Nook HD. I explained that I didn't need to buy one; I wanted to watch my UV movie as advertised. This is what I got this time. Do the service people really not know the answer to this? I'm very close to a return, as this customer service is SO poor!

Thank you for writing to us.

We understand that you have loaded two movies to your Ultraviolet account and linked it to your new Nook HD and can not make
them play, we apologize for the inconvenience caused.

In order to figure out how to watch your videos we have to walk you through few troubleshooting steps, we invite you to join us in our newly launched NOOK® Chat Room. 

To find us, visit our website and select NOOK Support.   You’ll see “Need Help?  Chat Now” in the lower right corner of your screen.  Click on it, and get connected to a live NOOK expert! 

Right now, our Chat Team is available Monday through Friday 8:00 AM – 11:00 PM and Saturday and Sunday 9:00 AM to 11:00 PM EST. 

If you do not see the link on the Support page, we are always happy to assist to you by phone.  Call us at 1-800-THE-BOOK (843-2665)  between 8am & 11pm EST Monday-Friday (9AM-5:30 PM on weekends) and select Option 2 for NOOK Support.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Sincerely,

Ross
Customer Service Representative - Digital Support
Barnes & Noble
http://www.bn.com/
Frequent Contributor
Larryb52
0 Kudos

i'm real unhappy with this, I just talked to a guy who didn't even know what I was talking about, I have the HD+ & I thought this was ready to go but it doesn't look that way very disappointing...

Inspired Contributor
Michael_the_Writer
0 Kudos

My wife surprised me with the Dark Knight Rises today. I was looking forward to testing out the Ultraviolet feature on my Nook HD+ so I signed up for Flixster and Ultraviolet then opened the Flixster app. I can see the movie in my collection but when I click "Watch Now" it initializes for a moment then...Nothing! Has anyone been able to watch an Ultraviolet movie using Flixster?

Bibliophile
5ivedom

Michael, there are lots of people on other threads saying it works for them. That they can watch their Ultraviolet movies using Flixster.

Inspired Contributor
Michael_the_Writer
0 Kudos

So what am I doing wroing? My device is linked to my new Ultraviolet account. I have the latest Flixster app and the most recent 2.0.4 system update on my HD+. I even see the movie in my Flixster app, under My Collection. It shows "Watch Now" but when I click on it, it initializes for a moment then nothing happens! I ended up watching the DVD last night and I sent an email to Flixster about the issue. Any thoughts?

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

Try it again, I think the Flixster server was acting up last night. I got an error message on one of my movies, but was able o watch it later in the evening.