Frequent Contributor
ginger-maci
0 Kudos

How do you get movies and tv shows?

I just bought the nook hd+ for my kids for Christmas. Can you buy movies and tv shows and store them on it on it like the iPad? If so, how?

I really hope I can, because that is the reason I bought  the nook hd+ instead of the iPad . I would not pay almost $300 for just an e-reader.

Wordsmith
JinSC
0 Kudos

Re: How do you get movies and tv shows?

use your hulu app

jeremy

Distinguished Bibliophile
patgolfneb
0 Kudos

Yes you can sideload movies you already own on disk after converting them using a program like dvd catayst and your pc. You can rent or purchase tv shows and movies for direct download from BN, it takes quite a while. There have been some problems with ultra violet but using flixter many of these can be streamed. These are large files so you may want to add a sd card if keeping them on the device for very long.
Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

You can also buy movies from amazon and stream them directly to your nook by accessing them from your amazon video library web page (currently only standard definition, not hd). Finally, if you subscribe to

Netflx. you can stream their movies. 

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Ginger-Maci, there is something called Nook Videos.

If you press the physical N button below the screen of your HD+, you'll be taken to your Home Screen.

At the bottom are 6 buttons. One of them says 'Shop'. Just press that.

On the Shop Main Page, at the top right will be a list of 'Things you can buy'. It's like a list of buttons. One of them will say 'Movies & TV Shows'. Tap that.

Now you will be shown a list of movies and TV Shows available to rent and buy from Nook.

Your other options are:

Netflix.

Hulu Plus

Crackle (a free app with a range of free movies and shows)

Buying from else where and sideloading to Nook using a program like the one DVD Catalyst makes for Nook.

etc. - like what other responders have replied.