Frequent Contributor
Randy_Hayes

I have installed the 2.1.0 update and . . .

. . . for the first time in the last three system updates, it did not lock out all of my BN content and user profiles forcing a system wipe.  That's a step in the right direction.  Haven't had a chance to thoroughly check out the rest of the update, but Chrome will be a welcomed replacement to the stock nook browser.

More info to come.

Frequent Contributor
EB613

Re: I have installed the 2.1.0 update and . . .

Congratulations! As a Nook Tablet owner I won't be able to take advantage of that, but I'm sure happy for you! :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Bibliophile
patgolfneb
0 Kudos

Downloaded and installed fine. Now I just have to remember my gmail password to link everything up.:smileywink:

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Keep sharing what you find. Looking forward to seeing what apps work well on Nook HD and HD+.

Inspired Correspondent
mrskooshie

I'm so excited.  I got the update OTA and have just finished downloading my apps, all but a few are compatible.  Now to get it set up.  I am also loving the nook symbol on the apps that are nook apps :-)

mrskooshie
Distinguished Correspondent
celandinehobbit

Both my devices decided to download the OTA update at the same time. Awesome. I must say, from hearing the announcement this morning to actually getting the update not 9 hours later is fantastic. Nothing like Samsung and how they tease you with an update months and months before it actually hits. Kudos to BN!

Will post my reaction/review once I have a chance to play with both my HD+ and HD. :smileyhappy:

Reader 4
Kristen_R

I sideloaded the update this morning and have been playing with all the new features for the better part of the day.

So far, I am in love.  I mean, I loved my hd prior to this.  When I got it, I wanted to upgrade from just reading to a little bit of web connectivity.  Then I decided that I wanted to be able to do some writing on it, so I installed a word processing program and Dropbox to sync with my laptop, and I got a bluetooth keyboard.  In the past couple of weeks, I was starting to itch for a more integrated tablet experience, and now I have it!

I can access all my music via google play.  I got the audible app so I can download my audiobooks right to my hd.  There are some movies in google play that I couldn't get through B&N.  All in all, after about 4 hours of noodling around, I think this is going to be an awesome update to have.

Contributor
Kaylene_Burns
0 Kudos

How do you find the Google Apps?

Correspondent
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

Randy_Hayes wrote:

. . . for the first time in the last three system updates, it did not lock out all of my BN content and user profiles forcing a system wipe.  That's a step in the right direction.  Haven't had a chance to thoroughly check out the rest of the update, but Chrome will be a welcomed replacement to the stock nook browser.

More info to come.

Except that I now have to find and recreate my bookmarks. 

Baron Wulfraed
patgolfneb
0 Kudos

Wulfraed wrote:

Randy_Hayes wrote:

More info to come.

Except that I now have to find and recreate my bookmarks. 

You can go to your browser settings and import them. I didn't get all of them but close.  I  haven't found a way to set a homepage yet. 

Contributor
Jamal_Taylor

Did the update about a half hour ago on my Nook HD. Went very smoothly, don't have to re-download or reset anything, and I can choose what apps I want on it from the Play store webpage from my laptop.

I'm running 3DMark on it right now. :smileyhappy:

Nowhere near as fast as a PC, but it's pretty on the HD's screen.

So far so good!

Inspired Correspondent
campyrs
0 Kudos

I installed the new update and it wiped out 400+ bookmarks!!!  I am NOT a happy camper at the moment.  I don't normally rant in this site but this just makes me sick.  It would have been nice if B & N would have said what the update would do.

Inspired Bibliophile
compulsivereaderTX
0 Kudos

Try importing your bookmarks. It won't get them all, but whatever it does get is a bookmark you won't have to do again.

Inspired Correspondent
mrskooshie
0 Kudos

Kaylene_Burns wrote:

How do you find the Google Apps?

Well once you update you will see the play store that is where you will get the apps from.  The b&n apps will either be replaced by the play store apps or there will be a nook symbol on the app indicating it is from the nook store :smileyhappy:

mrskooshie
Inspired Correspondent
campyrs
0 Kudos

There is NO import anywhere in the bookmark area or anywhere else for that matter that I can find. In help it says go to bookmarks and click on import, but it's simply not there. Let me know if you find out where please? This is making me sick. I had 400+ story bookmarks I lost. I read online.
Inspired Correspondent
mrskooshie
0 Kudos

The bookmark option is for chrome not to port your old nook bookmarks.  All you do is sign into chrome and it will sync your chrome bookmarks accross devices.

mrskooshie
Inspired Correspondent
campyrs
0 Kudos

Exactly.  I was using the Nook browser and all of those bookmarks are gone.

Bibliophile
laurieb52

[ Edited ]

Campyrs.

Open the chrome browser, then tap on the 3 squares at the top right, then tap on settings, then tap on the 3 squares at the top right again to get the import bookmarks option. Then tap on the option to import bookmarks from android device. I received a failed to import message,but then when I went to the bookmarks page, most of my prior HD bookmarks were there. I did have to re- enter some previously  saved passwords though.

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Contributor
luinstra34
0 Kudos

2 other new Nook App features that may prove handy are the look up app, which keeps track of the words you look up when reading your books.  I think you can look up words through the app as well, but not sure haven't been able to try things out yet.  Also the other notes and highlights app(not positive on name) consolidates your highlights and notes from your nook books into one spot.

Also thanks to those who found the import bookmark link, wasn't sure if you had to sign into google chrome first to be able to move over bookmarks

patgolfneb
0 Kudos

laurieb52 wrote:

Campyrs.

Open the chrome browser, then tap on the 3 squares at the top right, then tap on settings, then tap on the 3 squares at the top right again to get the import bookmarks option. Then tap on the option to import bookmarks from android device. I received a failed to import message,but then when I went to the bookmarks page, most of my prior HD bookmarks were there. I did have to re- enter some previously  saved passwords though.

I noticed that mine still appear on the home screens, if you haven't disabled it, when you long press to access widgets etc.