New User
Desertsam
0 Kudos

Is there OTG software in the new update for the Nook HD? Other Tablets have this option.

[ Edited ]

I want to use a OTG adaptor with my Nook HD.

USB On-The-Go, often abbreviated USB OTG or just OTG, is a specification that allows USB devices such as digital audio players or mobile phones to act as a host, allowing other USB devices like a USB flash drive, mouse, or keyboard to be attached to them. Unlike conventional USB systems, USB OTG systems can drop the hosting role and act as normal USB devices when attached to another host. This can be used to allow a mobile phone to act as host for a flash drive and read its contents,

Thank you, Desert

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Re: Is there OTG software in the new update for the Nook HD? Other Tablets have this option.

I don't think that's supported.

New User
IndianNookHD
0 Kudos

Re: Is there OTG software in the new update for the Nook HD? Other Tablets have this option.

It's pretty much disappointed to wait again for this.:smileysad:Since i am from not within the US, need to get away from this is quite impossible.There are places where Wi-Fi is not helpful.Hope B&N crew resolve it asap.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Is this something that is common in Android Tablets? What Android Tablets support this?

I've never even heard of this.

New User
rasta_man
0 Kudos

Yes this is possible on MANY android devices. I want this to connect a joystick to my Nook HD!
Inspired Wordsmith
Swamprat
0 Kudos

rasta_man wrote:
Yes this is possible on MANY android devices. I want this to connect a joystick to my Nook HD!

Donn't think USB OTG is an option for the Nooks - have you considered trying a bluetooth joystick?  I know they are available but have no idea whether they will work with the Nook HD, perhaps someone else may have some experience with them.

New User
janner66
0 Kudos

I am attempting to use bluetooth to pair my PS3 controller to my Nook HD+. There are apps on the Google Store if you search sixaxis.