Wordsmith
daenas
0 Kudos

Issues with turning Nook HD + on

After resetting, long pressing the power button, and shutting the HD+ off, I hold the power button 5 seconds to turn it back on.  BUT, it doesn't turn on.  I have to hold the volume button, with the power button to turn it back on.  Earlier today I reset my Nook and for the life of me wouldn't turn back on, even fully charged.  The only way it would turn back on is if I held the "n" button w/ the power button and hard reset everything.  Anyone else having issues?  While I'm at it, anyone having issues with headset jack as well?  If I hit my jack while the headset it plugged in it, the sound quits until I jiggle the jack again.  Headset is fine in computer and in my Samsung Tab so I know it's not the headset.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Re: Issues with turning Nook HD + on

Daenas

1) For this: Anyone else having issues?

No, this is a rare issue. I can't remember seeing this on the forums.

It's very interesting that pressing n and power button brings it back.

What happens if

a) You press power button just once quickly. A tap instead of hold it.

b) You hold power button for 20 seconds.

2) For your headset it sounds like the jack is a bit loose. Do you plug it in all the way? If you do, and if on touching/hitting it sound still goes off then the connection might be loose.

Wordsmith
daenas
0 Kudos

Yeah, I tried tapping the power button and basically everything else. Yesterday was the first time I couldn't turn it on at all. I had to use the "n", and power button, to reset it to turn it back on. Thank goodness I didn't have anything of importance in my HD+. Yes the jack is plugged in all the way.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

I think it might be something wrong with the software code that recognizes power on and power off.

Q: If you have it on and then press power button for 10 seconds - do you get the dialog asking you if you want to turn it off?

Wordsmith
daenas
0 Kudos

Yes, I get that. So strange.. Had to do the volume/power button thing again to turn my nook back on after turning it off.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

OK. Good to know the volume/power button thing worked.