New User
Tansy913
0 Kudos

Library Issues

[ Edited ]

I just upgraded to the 32g Nook HD plus, and imported my library via Calibre. (The majority of which were on my 16g nook tablet and never gave me any problems.)

When I click "library" it opens up the preview page (showing books, magazines, apps, etc.), but the icons themselves are un-responsive. And if I try to expand and flip through any of my media, it gives me a blank page with just the category header and the info never loads.

And yes, I have rebooted it. :smileyhappy:

Any help, greatly appreciated!

Tansy

(This is the first time I've ever regretted an upgrade:smileysad:)

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

Re: Library Issues

Go to your profile, select Manage Content. See if everything is checked (you can select all books, apps, etc. You dont have to select individually if you're the only one using the device.) 

See if that fixes it. If not, let us know.

New User
Tansy913
0 Kudos

Sadly it did not, but thank you for trying, I appreciate it.

The only books even listed under the manage section are the ones purchased from the  B & N store,

and not the rest of my content. However, magazines & apps were fully managed and still giving me problems. 

At one point I even did an un-authorize and started from fresh. The second I add content the same issue pops up.

Thanks again for the suggestion, I really did appreciate it. 

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

Another idea. When you go to My Library, Books, there is a little down arrow to the left (which makes your most recent books show up below the word Books) There is also a litttle caret to the right of the word Books.  Are you trying to open up your books using the icons below the word, or are you trying from the caret thingy to the right?

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

Ok, so just went and checked. If you select book or magazine by using the icon BELOW, nothing happens. If select caret to the right, took my library a good 20-30 seconds to load the books (it seems to reindex your content every single time you open the library.) I'm going to guess have about 500 titles between B&N and sideloaded content. If you have a lot more, it will take longer. 

There is a free app called Open Explorer on the B&N store. You could access your sdeloaded content that way. 

There is also an app on Google Play called CalibreCompanion. Thats what have been using lately to sideload and access that content. Its much less irritating.