Contributor
wildb
0 Kudos

Lost All of my Audio Books

Hi, Granted they were all free downloads from the sync ya summer program but there gone and I Hope someone can help me locate my audio book files on my Nook HD+. I had connected the Nook to my computer but could not find any of them. I am thinking maybe they got deleted when I upgraded my Overdrive app to the latest version but I cant think of anything else unless im missing a folder view in explorer. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank You, Wildb
Frequent Contributor
Bluepen61
0 Kudos

Re: Lost All of my Audio Books

On their website (http://www.audiobooksync.com/) was this comment:

SYNC is hearing from some listeners that the upgrade to iOS7 is clearing their OverDrive library of SYNC titles. The SYNC team is looking into it and will update you here.

If you have not upgraded yet, you might want to wait a smidge until we have more details…

You may want to log the issue with them, especially since it doesn't mention Android. Maybe they can walk you through restoring the data, or you can help them by providing the process you did that created the issue.

Not all who wander are lost. ---J. R. R. Tolkien
Nook HD 8 GB, Stock Root and Other Mods
Contributor
wildb
0 Kudos

Re: Lost All of my Audio Books

Bluepen61 wrote:

On their website (http://www.audiobooksync.com/) was this comment:

SYNC is hearing from some listeners that the upgrade to iOS7 is clearing their OverDrive library of SYNC titles. The SYNC team is looking into it and will update you here.

If you have not upgraded yet, you might want to wait a smidge until we have more details…

You may want to log the issue with them, especially since it doesn't mention Android. Maybe they can walk you through restoring the data, or you can help them by providing the process you did that created the issue.

Thank you for the link Bluepen61.

I did contact them right after I posted here and they replied that they are looking into it. After seeing your post I replied back to them describing in more detail what I thought had caused my books to disappear. I have not heard back from them yet.

I really believe it happened when I updated my Overdrive app with the latest version from the Playstore. It immediately started freezing up on me, would not open books I was reading to the pages I had left off at and would not let me change formatting or bring up any of my bookmarks either.

I downloaded the latest version from the Barnes & Nobel shop as soon as it was available and some where in this process I had lost my reading history and I assume my audio books as well.

For the most part Overdrive is working now although it does open a book back up a few pages off from where I left off reading every now and then.

I am going to see what Sync comes up with before I contact Overdrive about this and will make sure I back up everything on my Nook before I update Overdrive again.

Wildb