Contributor
AllieE-87
0 Kudos

Lost Google Play Apps

In a previous post, I discribed how I had to reset my Nook HD... :smileysad:((

So I got back all the things purchessed with Nook, but everything that I downloaded with the Google Play app, are gone. As is the google play store app thing. Go to it via the web browers, still says that I have the things installed. Try to install them again, won't let me. Try to uninstall them, and it doesn't... I can't find out how to get the Google Play app back. Or how to do the update again? 

Help! 

... Umm.... yeah...
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Re: Lost Google Play Apps

You should go into a store. Another user got this too.

I have not seen anyone suggest a solution for this. Also only seen two cases of this.

Contributor
AllieE-87
0 Kudos

Yeah... :smileysad:

Thank you. Man, that makes me sad. 

... Umm.... yeah...
Wordsmith
AlbionRose

Allie, have you checked your profile to see if the google apps are listed and checked? All I can think of that might save you a trip to the store! Hope you get it sorted.

Contributor
AllieE-87
0 Kudos

Yes, I have. And they're not there. The only apps listed are the ones I've gotten from BN. 

It has other problems as well though. Like shutting off randomly when not in use, and it's never done that till now. 

I've tried downloading the apps again via the browser, but it'll say its already installed, or that I don't have enough space and to clear out my library. But ever since I lost all my stuff, I'm back down to 75% free space. Planning on taking a trip today to the store. 

... Umm.... yeah...
Wordsmith
AlbionRose

I hope that they manage to sort it all out for you.

Contributor
AllieE-87
0 Kudos

Me too... There are others I'm finding that have the same problem. So hopefully they know how to fix it. 

... Umm.... yeah...
Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur

This site has a link to the Google Play .apk.  You *might* be able to resolve the issue if you reinstall the play store via the .apk.

http://www.androidguys.com/2013/04/11/how-to-install-google-play-store-v4-0/

New User
BillyJPringle
0 Kudos

Well, it happened to me to. NOOK HD only a couple of months old, and everything is GONE. I could get back any NOOK store stuff but all my documents, and any apps I paid for through google apps. GONE. GRRRR......Lots of stuff.
Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

Make sure you install ALL updates. The first update (B&N pushes this thru during the set up process) gets you to ver 2.06. (At this point, no GP store.) Then go to Settings, device info, software version, then check for updates. The latest version is 2.1.1. (But you need at least ver 2.1 to see Google play.) or you could just wait a few days until it gets repushed to your device. :smileyhappy: