VVG
New User
VVG
0 Kudos

Mail App Disappears

The Mail app on my HD+ keeps disappearing. I have done an erase and re-register a few times and even gotten a replacement device and it still disappears.

Contributor
AgileFusion
0 Kudos

Re: Mail App Disappears

Are you changing profiles?

VVG
New User
VVG
0 Kudos

Nope. Same profile. There doesn't seem to be a way to re-install this app without doing a complete erase and re-register and I am not going to put myself through that for the fifth time.

Guy at a B&N store suggested K9 app which works well but doesn't seem to have a contact list so for me it's only good for reading and replying. For anything else I have to go to the Yahoo Mail site using the browser.

I thought the problem might be that Android didn't like Yahoo Mail, so the third or fourth time I started from scratch I entered a gmail account as well as the Yahoo account and it took a couple weeks before the Mail App stopped working.

Contributor
sgsmith23
0 Kudos

I had this issue every time I set up a child profile. I deleted the child profile and have had no problems since.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

I think K9 Email App is your best bet.

1) From what I've heard/read it seems to be better than the in-built email app.

2) Have heard lots of reports of the in-built Contacts App failing to work with the Email App. which would make it the same as using Contacts App with K9.

Browser is a good option. Do you use the mobile site or the normal one?