New User
FlyGuyLA
0 Kudos

Micro SD to Device Memory

I'd like to be able to change my SD card but need to know how to move a file and/or folder from the micro SD to the device memory.  I need to be able to do this without using a computer as an intermediate.  Anyone done this?

Inspired Wordsmith
petesnook
0 Kudos

Re: Micro SD to Device Memory

Try the app Open Explorer in the Nook app store. It's a file manager. It does what I think you want it to do. There are other file managers in the Google Play Store and maybe even in the Nook store. I would think any of them would be able to copy from the card to internal storage.

New User
hootch
0 Kudos

If you connect your Nook to your PC, you can easily transfer them in your documents area
Inspired Wordsmith
petesnook
0 Kudos

True, but the OP specifically mentioned doing the transfer without using a computer. Hence, my suggestion to use a file manager.

New User
FlyGuyLA
0 Kudos

Thanks.  Tried Open Explorer and even contacted the developer as I couldn't figure out how to copy/paste to a new folder.  Problem is, the app kept crashing and taking me to my home screen.  Sometimes not, but most of the time, it did....even when I cleared the cache and closed other apps.  Any thoughts?

Inspired Wordsmith
petesnook
0 Kudos

Yeah, it's not intuitively obvious how to copy/move files in Open Explorer. Here's one way do it:

When I launch OE, at the top of the lefthand column are two drives labeled External. The top one is for the SD card, the lower for internal memory. Tap the top one to view the SD card files/folders. To copy a folder, tap the checkbox to the right of the folder; to copy files within a folder, tap the folder, then select the files to be copied by selecting the checkbox next to them. Then tap the icon at the top right of the page that shows two overlapping pages (left of the trash bin). This should result in an additional icon at the top that resembles a clipboard. Inside that clipboard shoule be a number representing the number of files/folders selected.

Now tap the lower External drive on the left side. This should display the folders on your internal memory. Tap the folder you want to copy the files to. Then tap the clipboard icon again and select the action you want.

Oh, to create a folder on the internal memory, tap the internal memory External icon, then tap the open folder icon at the top right next to the menu icon (three vertical dots) and select New Folder.

Hope this helps.

Frequent Contributor
bru20

The above seems overly complicated.  Try ES File Explorer from Google Play.

New User
FlyGuyLA
0 Kudos

Thanks!

Inspired Correspondent
campyrs
0 Kudos

Thanks for the tip on the ES File Explorer. It looks a bit easier interface than Open Explorer. That's why I continue to read on this site. You can always find a gem among the junk..... I have owned my HD+ since 11/2012 and totally enjoy it!
Frequent Contributor
bru20

campyrs wrote:
Thanks for the tip on the ES File Explorer. It looks a bit easier interface than Open Explorer. That's why I continue to read on this site. You can always find a gem among the junk..... I have owned my HD+ since 11/2012 and totally enjoy it!

Glad I could help.  I had ES File Explorer on my original tablet.  Used it mostly to find and delete unwanted files.  Then I found Clean Master on which easily removes junk files.  Still handy to have ES File Explorer.

Inspired Contributor
poleng
0 Kudos

It's not a computer.