New User
tgritsonis
0 Kudos

Movies and Nook restarting

Hi there. 

My nook hd restarts randomly. It never completely downloads a movie either. Once I think it is almost done it goes back to 1 percent. I erased and deregestered it twice. No improvement.

Wordsmith
Melissa19

Re: Movies and Nook restarting

Try putting in a micoSD card 8GB or more.. Then in all settings, storage management, default video storage, bullet the sd card. Not sure if you have the 8 or 16 GB nook hd and what you have stored on device, but hd movies are big files. Under the movies overview in shop you can see how many GB it is. I think it is best to use the SD cards for movie storage and not your internal memory. The lack of room for the movie may be causing the nook to do the random restart.
Melissa19
Reader 4
kg182
0 Kudos

I have this problem with my nook hd too. It will restart everytime I try to watch a movie and I have a scandisk 32 GB ultra micro SDCH. And I only downloaded one movie 5.16GB. 

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

That might be related to SD Card issues with Android 4.0 (on which Nook OS is built). What happens if you move the movie to internal memory (Nook hard disk) and then watch?

Correspondent
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

kg182 wrote:

I have this problem with my nook hd too. It will restart everytime I try to watch a movie and I have a scandisk 32 GB ultra micro SDCH. And I only downloaded one movie 5.16GB. 

Hopefully you let the Nook format that card as exFAT -- FAT32 only handles 2 or 4 GB files (FAT32 handles 4GB, but many applications that are coded using signed integer are limited to 2GB: Java does not have unsigned integers, but [+2GB + 1] wraps around to [-2GB], which may cause problems when doing seeks on files).

Baron Wulfraed