Frequent Contributor
cindylee60
0 Kudos

My cookbook keeps crashing

I bought a cookbook (first one) that is formatted kind of like the magazines. I'm having trouble with it crashing a lot, especially when I hop back and forth between the recipes.

Does anyone else have this trouble with the cookbooks? I have an HD+ 32g.

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv
0 Kudos

Re: My cookbook keeps crashing

Cindy I have the same device and have a few cookbooks on it, I have not encountered any probs.

Have you rebooted.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Cindy, what Doreen said.

A reboot should fix things.

What happens sometimes is that maybe right before opening the cookbook you were running the browser or an app.

And that had a memory leak i.e. it started using memory and not letting go of it. So there was not enough left for the cookbook.

Now the cookbook comes in and it needs to load all these images that take up a lot of memory (HD screen = 4 times the memory needed on Android).

But the earlier things that have run before it might have not let go of memory OR there might be some other thing going on - an app or the browser wasn't closed and is still running in the background and taking up memory.

So the cookbook crashes when it tries to load images.

A restart means you'll start with no 'lost memory' or 'apps running in the background'.

Power Off: Hold power button and keep pressed for 20 seconds.

Power On: Hold power button and keep pressed for 4 seconds.

Inspired Scribe
Doreenpv

Great explanation 5.

Cindy, I also use My App Manager. When you open it, it tells you all of the apps that are still running. Good to know when you walk away from your device and your battery gets used up.