Contributor
Teeupaway

N2A Card for HD+ Boot to Nook mode without removing sd card

I have tried to post to the n2a card thread, but it doesn't display the 'REPLY' options - so will start a new thread in hopes it attracts the attention of those with the problem of having to remove the card to get to the Nook mode.

The solution is buried in the forums on the N2a site, and I copied it.....

how to boot your nook HD+ into nook mode.

The current method to switch your Nook HD+ into Nook mode is to use an app called Quick Boot (Reboot). Quick Boot (Reboot) can be downloaded directly through the Play Store.
When you are ready to boot your Nook HD+ into Nook mode simply open the Quick Boot (Reboot) app and tap the button that says Bootloader.
To get back to Android mode simply turn your Nook HD+ off and then back on.

I downloaded the app, and it works perfectly - no need to remove the sd card!  It works just like it did in my nook tablet and color before that.

I purchased the new n2a just after Christmas as a download, and like others, had no luck downloading it through the nook, so had to do so through a pc card reader.  Unlike the problems I had with the download for the Nook Tablet, it worked perfectly the first time. 

I have found since that I can't download any files to the card while in the HD+, but have to revert to the card reader.

I am not an expert in any of this, most of what I have learned/attempted is from these boards - and the n2a site!   So, thanks to all who post here!

Contributor
rickey_boy
0 Kudos

Re: N2A Card for HD+ Boot to Nook mode without removing sd card

That part is also working for me, but booting back to Android from the Nook OS is a pain in the rear. I have to connect to my power supply and let the unit boot up on it's own which is hit and miss. Patiently waiting for a fix.
Frequent Contributor
Claimdude
0 Kudos

Quick Boot (Reboot) works on my HD+ with N2A card.

Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin
0 Kudos

May I ask a quick question about the N2A?  I have the HD+. I don't have a card reader for the microSD card, so for me, it just made sense to order the card from N2A for the HD+.  It came today. It says, "compaitble with HD."  I know they don't yet make a card for the HD, so I can I assume they sent me the right card with the wrong label?  (I did email them, but it could take time to hear from them, what with it's being the weekend.)

Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout

the hd compatible cards have been up on xda for about a week or two, you may have gotten the wrong one.

it won't hurt to test it, though - your hd+ will just boot normally if they sent the wrong card.

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
Contributor
NicoleInAL
0 Kudos

It's the right card. They printed up the packaging wrong and instead of delaying shipment they went ahead and sent them out.
Inspired Correspondent
mrskooshie

I downloaded the Quick Boot app, thanks for the heads up! I also mentioned it a few times on the N2A boards and now I notice that they have it listed in their FAQ section ;-)
mrskooshie