Inspired Contributor
BrittanynCory
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

NOOK for Mac

Does anyone have a working version of NOOKforMac from before B&N's last update (3/12) that would work on a dual core intel processer (2010 MacBook) running the latest version of Snow Leopard? If you do, would you be willing to share? :smileyhappy: I REALLY want to back up my purchased B&N books and I've never been able to get their program to download. I was hoping they'd eventually fix it but since they recently pulled their MAC support all together, I think it's time to stop putting this off and figure out a solution. Thanks in advance! -Brittany

Inspired Contributor
BrittanynCory
0 Kudos

Re: NOOK for Mac

Sorry about the double post :smileysad:
Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

AFAIK B&N has NOT pulled mac support (where is this rumor coming from?).  The current version of Nook for Mac works on Snow Leopard.  If you are having trouble with it, you can download NookStudy and run that on your mac also.  Both will allow you to back up your books.

Inspired Contributor
BrittanynCory
0 Kudos

They have Keriflur, and their most recent edition of Nook for Mac on B&N's website, although is supposed to be compatible with Snow Leopard, isn't for most people. http://www.the-digital-reader.com/2013/06/11/its-official-bn-has-ended-support-for-nook-pc-mac-apps/
Inspired Contributor
BrittanynCory
0 Kudos
keriflur

BrittanynCory wrote:
They have Keriflur, and their most recent edition of Nook for Mac on B&N's website, although is supposed to be compatible with Snow Leopard, isn't for most people. http://www.the-digital-reader.com/2013/06/11/its-official-bn-has-ended-support-for-nook-pc-mac-apps/

This decision was reversed within weeks of the original removal of the apps from the website, and within about a week of this announcement.

keriflur
0 Kudos

BrittanynCory wrote:
http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Client-App-Support-iOS/Nook-for-Mac-not-working/td-p/118...

Yes, some people are having trouble, but that trouble is primarily Lion and ML, NOT Snow Leopard, and it's not most people, it's some people.  And I already posted a solution above, so, and there are solutions in that thread also, so...

Are you just here to complain at this point?

Inspired Contributor
BrittanynCory
0 Kudos

Is there any particular reason you feel the need to be rude Keriflur? I already know about Nook Study and wasn't asking about Nook Study. I was asking about NOOKforMac. If you can't help me, by sharing an older update of the app, please feel free to stop replying. I'm not here to complain and am just looking for help with THIS app. Preferably by someone who has the same system, etc. Honestly, I think we can all do without the snarky replies. Does anyone on here have a 2010 MacBook (2gb RAM) running Snow Leopard that doesn't have issues running B&N's NOOKforMac? P.s I HAVE tried the tricks other people suggested on the forums to no avail. I'm hoping if I can track down an older version, it might actually work. Thanks! :smileyhappy:

Inspired Contributor
BrittanynCory

My awesome husband got it working for me! In case anyone else has problems with Nook for Mac on 10.6.8 and higher, this is what he found, that finally worked for us! :smileyhappy:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4225494?start=0&tstart=0
New User
Erica-D

The solutions didn't really work for me.  I have a new MacBook Pro and did a clean install but no luck.  I did get Nook Study for Mac to work for me though.  Which only frustrates me more.  I'm a sys/admin and I know that if they can get one app working they should be able to get the other one working as well. 

Please, please don't leave your Mac customers out in the cold! We're want to BUY things from you.  You've already got a good code base to work from and having a working app for your customers seems like good marketing and customer service to me.