07-18-2013 11:39 AM
Does anyone have a working version of NOOKforMac from before B&N's last update (3/12) that would work on a dual core intel processer (2010 MacBook) running the latest version of Snow Leopard? If you do, would you be willing to share? I REALLY want to back up my purchased B&N books and I've never been able to get their program to download. I was hoping they'd eventually fix it but since they recently pulled their MAC support all together, I think it's time to stop putting this off and figure out a solution. Thanks in advance! -Brittany
Solved! Go to Solution.
07-18-2013 06:19 PM
MAC support has NOT been discontinued, no matter what any blog or website states. The only folk that are having issues en masse are those running Mountain Lion. Even then it is some folk, not all folk running Mountain Lion. Hopefully Mavericks will be fixing the issue that was broken when Mountain Lion was released.
Exactly what is the app doing or not doing. Please list out the following:
- Version of MAC OSX 10.6.?
- What other software are you running when you attempt to use the NOOK app for MAC? There can be software conflicts, so try running it with nothing else running but the OS.
- How much RAM do you have?
- Do you have NOOK for Mac on any other machine, MAC or PC?
- Has the app ever worked correctly for you? If yes, what happened between the time that the app worked and stopped working? Did you install any new software? Delete and Preference files or folders? Upgrade from 10.5 to 10.6? Anything you can think of will assist.
Private Message me and let's go from here.
07-18-2013 08:51 PM
07-20-2013 12:34 AM