New User
IMWizzy
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Need help with 2.1.0 Update!

I just purchased a Nook HD+ 32GB yesterday. I tried doing the update at home last night 4 or 5 times. The first time, the update froze about 1/3 of the way through. It eventually stopped the download ( after about 2 hours ). I went in to check what version was on the tablet and it was still the old one. The second and third times, it got 99.99999% done after about an hour. I tried doing it manually from my computer. I dragged the update into the file, and it did nothing. I finally started the update over Wifi again and left it go overnight. When I got up thi morning, it was stuck at 1 second remanining on the time.

After one of the attempts, I held the power button down for 30 seconds and rebooted it.

Am I not doing something right or do I have a bad Nook???

Distinguished Scribe
NookGardener
0 Kudos

Re: Need help with 2.1.0 Update!

Do soft reset (hold power button until device turns off, ignoring popup message.) Wait a minute or two, then turn it back on.  Go to screen sleep settings. Change it to 5 minutes.

Then go to shop, buy something free. Download it. Keep wifi on. Let device go to sleep. Let it sit for half hour or so. See if purchase initiates update. If that doesnt work, try the check for updates again.

Re: sideloading the update. When you attach your HD to the computer, what is the computer calling the device? If its "MyNook", update should work. But if its calling it BNTV###, computer seems to consider it a camera, and the update doesnt seem to work.

See if any of that works.

New User
IMWizzy
0 Kudos

Re: Need help with 2.1.0 Update!

Thanks.. I will give it a try.

The file was BNTV####... I was trying it on my laptop. If the update doesn't work i'll try it on my desktop.

I'll let you know!