Inspired Correspondent
Htom_Serveaux
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Netflix on HD+?

After installing the Netflix app from the B&N store to my 16GB HD+ the app opens and lets sign in to our Netflix accoun, navigate through all the options and choices, etc.

But any attempt to actually view anything results in about 1/2 second of video and then either a return to the browsing portion of the app or a full crash.  The HD+ is then "stuttery" and unresponsive until restarted.

So, anyone know if the existing Netflix app is just not HD+ compatible, or has anyone gotten it to work?  If it does work, it's not going to stream in HD, is it?

Mostly just wondering if I should keep tinkering with it or wait for an HD+ compatible update.

Thanks.

Distinguished Wordsmith
Rignes
0 Kudos

Re: Netflix on HD+?

That's very strange, I have the HD+ and have watched several shows on it (I just watched a few minutes of Mythbusters just now to test) with out any problems.

Maybe archive the Netflix app and unarchive it?

Inspired Correspondent
Htom_Serveaux
0 Kudos

Great, thanks.  Since it appears to work, I shall continue looking at stuff to see if I can figure out

what's the what.  I just didn't want to expend the cycles if it was incompatible.

BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 519
Solutions: 41
0 Kudos

Hi All,

An updated app is now available for download. If you're still having issues please "check for updates" on your device or archive/unarchive.

- Alex
Click the Laurel leaf to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy
0 Kudos

Ok so there is no archive on HD+ so i sent to cloud then downloaded. Will that work and how do i verify that it updated?
Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
Distinguished Bibliophile
phoneboy
0 Kudos

FWIW: I can view APP versions in APP Killer

Netflix = ver 2.0.1 build 655

Dolphin = ver 8.7.0

Can anyone that has not archived/sent to cloud yet find the version of these 2 apps and see if they differ from what I have after sending to cloud.

Thanks

Don 't interfere with somethin' that ain't bothering you none. ~Unknown
BN_AlexG
Topics: 68
Kudos: 519
Solutions: 41

[ Edited ]

Sorry for the mixup, still getting used to the change in terms myself.

But thats correct, move to cloud then download again.

- Alex

Click the Laurel leaf to say thank you for helpful posts. And be sure to come back to click the 'Accept as Solution' button for the post that solved your issue. This may help someone else.
New User
msammons
0 Kudos

I just got the Nook HD+ and have a couple of issues. When I try to play netflix it is very pixilated and the quality is horrible. Also I get an error message when trying to link my facebook account to seesmic.
Frequent Contributor
gritsgal
0 Kudos

Where do I check for updates?
Distinguished Scribe
Schwa

gritsgal wrote:
Where do I check for updates?

In the App section, tap the bottom left button (5 lines in a column).  Tap Option "Check for Updates".