Correspondent
Purple_Ice
0 Kudos

New update?

Does anyone know if or when a new update will be coming out for Nook HD+? It should be update 2.0.7. I hope some major updates are in the works. We shouldn't have to rely on work arounds.
Inspired Correspondent
Htom_Serveaux

Re: New update?

I hope not. I'm officially more afraid of nook HD+ updates than I am of Microsoft updates, and that's saying something. I don't know if I can take resetting and redownloading everything yet again.
Wordsmith
PlanetGreen
0 Kudos

lol
It's a small world afterall except when your far away.
Frequent Contributor
penname2
0 Kudos

when was the last one?

They definitely need an update to fix some issues

Correspondent
Purple_Ice
0 Kudos

That's why i haven't created any shelves and put books on them. I decided to wait until they get this fixed. I hope they do.
Correspondent
Purple_Ice
0 Kudos

I believe its been more then a month since the last update.
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Yes, it's been quite a while since the last update. They had been sending out updates every 2-3 weeks but I think it's over a month since the last update.

I love the comment where Htom_Serveaux says he's more afraid of Nook HD+ Updates than Microsoft Updates.

Just yesterday Windows 7 'restarted and installed updates'. All it took was for me to turn my back for a few minutes and BOOM - everything's restarted.

Frequent Contributor
cindylee60
0 Kudos

i hope so! I want my battery life to go back where it was and my browser to quit crashing!

Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin
0 Kudos

I have not had a problem with shelves since the last update.  Prior to that, they disappeared at random.

Wordsmith
2noelle
0 Kudos

BfCoughlin, are any of your books on sd card? I think that was the main reason they were disappearing. When I sideloaded all my non b and n content onto my internal memory, all the shelves held and I did this before the last update, so I am wondering if the last update fixed the bug with using the sd card and creating shelves?
Inspired Wordsmith
BFCoughlin
0 Kudos

No, I didn't have an SD card.  Most of the books were B&N.  I'd set up shelves, and they'd randomly disappear.  Eventually, I gave up.  Since the last update, however, they've held.

Correspondent
cybersmoke53
0 Kudos

Htom_Serveaux wrote:
I hope not. I'm officially more afraid of nook HD+ updates than I am of Microsoft updates, and that's saying something. I don't know if I can take resetting and redownloading everything yet again.

:smileyvery-happy:  I have to agree with this sentiment!  The last 2 times the Nook HD+ updated I've had to deregister and erase and redownload and install everything on th Nook HD+ again as no book or app except the system ones will automatically download and install.. Its such a pita to have to do this again and again..  At work I have a new Windows 8 pc and it did a surprise update yesterday and I have to laugh at how Microsoft is addressing the nagging  "I need to reboot to finish installing updates"  messages Windows XP and Win 7 issue that appear on the desktop continuously every 5 minutes  until you close programs and let it update.  Windows 8 now says "Windows needs to restart to finish installing updates.  Windows will automatically restart in 2 days to install these updates."  LOL I haven't tested out the 2 day thing yet but at least you aren't nagged as much!

Distinguished Wordsmith
Rignes
0 Kudos

The pain of deregistering and registering would be alleviated by a decent backup system that could backup your app data, shelves, sideloaded data if you choose, etc etc existed.  That doesn't mean a deregister process is an acceptable solution, but it sure would make it easier to deal with.  I've lost game progress more often than I like and I hate redoing things I've already done.

I've already proposed adding a Backup feature that is "Under Review" found here:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/t5/NOOK-Issue-Reporting/Please-add-a-way-to-backup-Apps-save-dat...

Perhaps if we get enough people to comment on that thread they will take more notice and we might see a backup method soon.  To be honest, why this wasn't in from day one sort of boggles the mind...It's a basic function of computing these days.  No one likes loosing data.

Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

Yeah, that Automatically Restart in 2 Days thing in Windows 8 is less of a pain. It also gives you ZERO chance of avoiding it. 2 days is good notice though.

Rignes, I'll upvote that request if I haven't already.

Yes, a backup system would be great. At the minimum for things like game progress and app data.

Inspired Contributor
Wulfraed
0 Kudos

Yet I've had no problems with the last three updates (granted, the first took place the day I received the device). 

I did manually invoke "check for update" on all three. On the last one, I was playing a MahJong game while it downloaded. At the end of the download it rebooted/installed -- I didn't even lose my place in the game.

Baron Wulfraed
Inspired Contributor
NightfallJC
0 Kudos

I would love to see a new update, it would be nice if it fixes the email issues. When I first got my nook HD I setup email, contacts, and calendar just fine. I would like to be able to use the contacts and calendar and have it link to my googles account again.