Contributor
Tope_the_NOOK_Dope

No Pandora??!!

I am disappointed to see that Pandora is not on the new HD +. Is this going to be addressed? A lot of customers love listening to Pandora, other than Angry Birds and Words With Friends it's the APP I get the most questions on.

-Tope

Distinguished Wordsmith
Rignes

Re: No Pandora??!!

Let me put in my vote for getting Pandora on the HD series of devices ASAP.  With the bluetooth support for external speakers it's an almost must have.

Thanks.

Contributor
danBOOKe
0 Kudos

Another vote here as well.  Pandora is a must.

Contributor
WastNtime
0 Kudos

I love listening to Pandora on my NC....Please bring it to the HD's

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”
Bibliophile
5ivedom

You should contact Pandora directly. It's up to them to make a version of their app that supports HD and HD+.

http://www.pandora.com/contact

Main Office

2101 Webster Street                     16th Floor                     Oakland, CA 94612                     tel: (510) 451-4100                     fax: (510) 451-4286

Email Contact Pandora Support

Contact Support

Also there's an App called RDIO that might be worth trying.

Wordsmith
2noelle
0 Kudos

Thanks Fivedom, I've emailed them!

Wordsmith
2noelle

Here's my response from Pandora, hopefully there's an update,better sooner than later.

Hi Karen,
Thanks for writing in. We're working on an update! Thanks for your patience in the meantime!  

Thanks, Alyssa Listener Advocate PANDORA® internet radio http://www.pandora.com http://help.pandora.com

Distinguished Wordsmith
Rignes
0 Kudos

Ahh good.  I got a similar E-mail as well.  I'm glad to see one is in the works. :smileyhappy:

Bibliophile
5ivedom

Wow a company that responds, and quickly. My opinion of Pandora just changed from good to great.

Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout
0 Kudos

fyi, for those who've set up the debugging, you can pull Pandora from your NC (only tested from the NC, possibly NT also) and install it on the HD+.  The better speaker is very nice with Pandora. 

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
New User
Dawn_The_Reader
0 Kudos

Re: No Pandora??!Could you explain how to do this...and what is HC?

New User
Dawn_The_Reader
0 Kudos

How do you set up the debugging and pull Pandora from NC....and what is NC or NT?
Contributor
WastNtime
0 Kudos

@Dawn...

I can't help you with the debugging. I don't have my HD yet.

NC is Nook Color and NT is Nook Tablet.

“Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy.”
roustabout
0 Kudos

NC and NT are indeed nook color and tablet respectively. 

Getting debugging set up is pretty challenging;  the BN guide for doing it is here.  Read it end to end without trying to follow it once and if you think it's something you can do, then go through step by step.  It really does have to be done just so for these devices, and it took me quite a bit longer than usual to finish sounding it out. 

https://nookdeveloper.zendesk.com/entries/21943338-nook-developer-start-up-guide

From what I'm hearing, there may be a way of assembling an sd card that can be used to install software without following the entire guide, and I hope that works out.  Those cards are incredibly helpful for the nook color and nook touch devices. 

ETA on those cards?  Hard to say.  Weeks with luck and interest. 

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.
roustabout
0 Kudos

Bn included pandora in the first sw release, and the critical update removes it! I did a hard reset and re- image and pulled a copy of the apps before the update came through - and pandora was on board. What's interesting is that this version displays pop up ads if it is in the foreground, and i think that' s why bn yanked it, they didn't want to hear the complaints about it. My guess is that the right version will be available soon.
patgolfneb
0 Kudos

roustabout wrote:
Bn included pandora in the first sw release, and the critical update removes it! I did a hard reset and re- image and pulled a copy of the apps before the update came through - and pandora was on board. What's interesting is that this version displays pop up ads if it is in the foreground, and i think that' s why bn yanked it, they didn't want to hear the complaints about it. My guess is that the right version will be available soon.

I suppose that could mean a paid ad free or limited hours version and a free version with ads is coming, like is common with other Android apps.

Contributor
MaryLouSoczek
0 Kudos

Yeah!  My major disappointment after starting to work with the Nook HD+!  thanks for sharing your news.

Reader 2
Elliecat910
0 Kudos

No Pandora on new Nook HD+???

I too was very upset when I upgraded to the Nook HD+ and discovered there was no Pandora app.  So I was surprised when I turned mine on today and discovered that Pandora was uploaded to my apps. Yeh!! I am so happy I didn't return it which I was contemplating.

So let me know if anyone also got the app uploaded to your Nook HD+?

roustabout
0 Kudos

Re: No Pandora on new Nook HD+???

Ellie, if you go into device information, what softrware version are you on?  

I'm unable to find Pandora in the BN store, and wonder if perhaps your device reverted to the software it was shipped with somehow?  

Reader 4
YodaNook
0 Kudos

Re: No Pandora on new Nook HD+???

Pandora uploaded itself to my apps also.  I'm running software version 2.0.2