New User
dgosetti
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

No video on Netflix

I had been using Netflix on my HD+ for 2 months. Yesterday I was watching a movie and had to pause it. When I went to play there was audio but no video. I closed the app, turned off my Nook and restarted everything. There was still no video. I checked for an update, found none. Then I sent the app to cloud and re-downloaded, but got the same result. I deleted the app altogether and re-downloaded it and still have the same problem. Anyone know any other options? All other video, like you tube and such work fine. Thanks.

New User
dgosetti

Re: No video on Netflix

OK. I called a friend who told me to try powering down my Nook and restarting several times. I did 3 and now the Netflix is working fine.

Correspondent
ewilson1114
0 Kudos

I had the same issue a couple days ago. It only took one restart of my nook to get it working again.
New User
nutmegdoc
0 Kudos

I will try it but I am skeptical as the same thing happens with Crackle and even YouTube will not run properly off Google
Bibliophile
5ivedom
0 Kudos

It's completely separate things.

Netflix is using its own App, Crackle is using its own app, and YouTube is using the browser's Flash.

The only thing that might be a shared reason for issues is if you have some apps running in the background taking up memory.

Otherwise, they are unlikely to be affected by the same issue.

Correspondent
Wulfraed

Just a comment on commonality, inspired by oa complaint in another thread.

Having a solid WiFi signal strength alone is no assurance of high speed data transfers.

1. if the access point is running in "B" mode it has a rate that is a fifth of "G" mode (or thereabouts)
  2. any mode in a WiFi rich environment will frun "slower" just from resends due to interference; in my "townhouse" a site survey shows over 10 WiFi access points (SSIDs) being broadcast (my own router is set up to NOT broadcast the SSID, how many others may there be) -- since WiFi channels overlap, a router running on an adjacent channel could garble some packets
  3. even in a clean WiFi environment having a 54Mbps link is meaningless if the actual internet connection is slow; on a good day my DSL is near 1.5Mbps (which is already too slow for streaming DVD quality video, forget any HD) or about 30X dial-up, bad days I'm lucky to get 480kbps or just 10X dial-up

Baron Wulfraed
New User
cnicki
0 Kudos

I had the same problem and, like the others, I restarted my Nook and it fixed the problem.

:smileylol: THANKS!!