New User
troy_girl_2014
0 Kudos

Nook Booting problems

So I got the NOOK HD snow color this past christmas.  In the middle of April, my nook just shut itself off.  I called support, and the guy I talked to was extremely helpful.  He sent me a new NOOK.  I got my new one and it was working fine, well kind of, it would shut itself off, but always come on the next morning.  Well a few nights ago it shut itself off again and has not come back on.  I plan on calling support again, but I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem, and what you were doing about it. I did not have a single problem with it until they added the new update with Google.  I am getting tired of it doing this.  I know it is charging because the light is green or orange depending on if it is fully charged or dead or what.  I have tried everything I know to do, even left it alone for a few days.  Any ideas?

Distinguished Bibliophile
roustabout
0 Kudos

Re: Nook Booting problems

When you got the replacement, you didn't, by any chance, keep your old charger or cable?  The cables can wear quickly, and I've seen some folks report the orange light lit w/o getting a charge.

If you have a micro sd card in your device, take it out and try booting - bad cards can do odd things at boot time.

It's possible you've gotten 2 bad ones in a row, though.

"no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized." Fourth Amendment to the US Constitution.