Distinguished Bibliophile
patgolfneb

Re: Nook HD 2.0.6 Update & Familiar Features

SMG51 wrote:
I am just posting to state that the issue with being unable to see if a book is on a shelf when tapping it is extremely irritating.

Nothing more to say about it. Please, B&N, give that option back.

If you tap on add to a shelf and a book is already on a shelf the shelve's it is on do not appear. If you have lots of shelves still a pain, but I only have six or seven so I know it's on the non populating shelves.

Inspired Correspondent
thans56
0 Kudos

For those wanting daily find and free Friday to show on nook daily please look for my petition post and reply to it. Maybe if enough reply they will pay attention,
Frequent Contributor
kevinp
0 Kudos

Any idea what the "Dictionary Options" is? Tapping on it causes it to flash but appears to do nothing else.

The first time you tap a word in a book to try to do a lookup, it will tell you that you need to download a dictionary first. I think I remember it gave me the option of two different dictionaries. I chose "Marriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary, Eleventh Edition" and that's what shows up under "Dictionary Options". There is only a link that says REMOVE, you can't do anything else with it under the options.

Bibliophile
laurieb52
0 Kudos

@patof...

The problem with tapping on "add" a book to a shelf to see if it is on a shelf is this..

- If the book is already on the shelf you wanted, you have to add it to another shelf, as the device does not let you tap outside the shelving option to make the the shelf list go away.

THEN you have to go the shelf you were forced to put the blasted book on to remove it.

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!
Correspondent
DonMN

That's not true on my Hook HD+. I can tap outside the shelving option and the window goes away. Or you can select Add to a new shelf and then cancel.
Inspired Correspondent
Sandan53
0 Kudos

Yes my HD+ works the same. You can click outside of list to make it go away.
Everyone says that they are listening but, no one remembers what was said.
Contributor
cllhnstev
0 Kudos

OK, I was able to do it with my 1st edition and thought it would work the same. One reason I'm using Goodreads more often now.

Bibliophile
laurieb52

The HD is too narrow and the shelf list takes up most of the screen display, so you can't tap outside the window when its in portrait mode.Aftter reading the HD+ users could tap outside the shelf window, I tried landscape mode; that does provide enough space outside the shelf window to accept a backout.

Life's a chair of bowlies...and it's all about Plan B!